Sandbox Labyrinth

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by goldboy1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. goldboy1

goldboy1 Forerunner

Download
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Gametypes;

Slayer, Team Slayer, Oddball, KOTH, Infection, Juggernaut

Weapon list;

BR's (x2)
    Spartan Laser (x1)
    Spiker (x2)
    Plasma Pistol (x2)
    Farg Grenade (x4)
    Plasma Grenade (x4)

Vehicles;

Hornet (x2)

Screenshots;

BR spawn
    [​IMG]

Spartan Laser spawn
    [​IMG]

Plasma Pistol spawn
    [​IMG]

Hornet spawn
    [​IMG]

Overview 1
    [​IMG]

Overview 2
    [​IMG]

Download
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    [​IMG]

#1 goldboy1, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. Hogframe

Hogframe Ancient

There are two three pretty decent problems I see from your pictures.

1) The map is way too crowded. People naturally like having wide, open areas to move around in. A few tight corridors aren't any problem, but when the entire map is impossible to strafe on, you have a problem.

2) The Hornets are overpowered. I don't care if you have a Rocket. It will miss. I also don't care if the main areas of the map are covered by those weird pillar-looking things. You've still made the fine majority of the map unplayable due to this one man rape-mobile. I would suggest you completely remove it.

3) This is one I just thought of. It somewhat goes along with #2, but still deserves it's own section. The Hornet can completely "ditch" the map and party all over the skybubble. Sure, the other team has a Hornet, but if it's destroyed they'll have to wait a decent amount of time for it to respawn (not to mention the fact that you can simply camp the Hornet spawns, and that a pilot taking off automatically has a disadvantage over one who's already in the skies).

That's about it. Fix these issues and you'll have yourself a much better map.

On another note, consider Ghost Merging your map. Small cracks inbetween objects can cause grenade loss, along with being a nuisance to strafing players. Ghost merging objects into eachother can help alleviate this, along with giving your map some much-needed flair. It goes without saying though that I am really glad people are still posting Halo 3 maps.

Cheers,
    Haris Sales.