Labyrinth of The Destructaur

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by buddhacrane, Apr 3, 2011.

1. xX Zoidberg20

xX Zoidberg20 Forerunner

"My God the man's a genius!" All joking aside the map and gametype are incredible in so many ways. From the description earlier about the deleting walls using jetpacks and holograms as score boundaries made my jaw drop and instantly want to forge something. Great map bros and keep up the awesome work.

2. Big Jacck

Big Jacck Forerunner

is there any chance you could upload a tutorial to forge hub or youtube on how to use these insane game types in forge because i was curious on how you manged to get it so you walk through walls but i went in forge i think i got close to figuring out how but i understood it

but yeah i would love to see a tutorial for this it would help forging for me and other people ALOT and may create some new fun amazing games ( not from me of course im crap)

3. HaloCod

HaloCod Forerunner

I just played a couple of matches of this with my friends, and it was amazing. How on earth did you make it so he can walk through wall, and all that?

4. Wado 225

Wado 225 Forerunner

This map is INSANE! But how did you make those awsme role over pics.

5. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Buddha, how do you do manage to always do this? Manage to always make an original map that no one has never thought of. Holy **** man, who would ever think of this!? A person who deletes walls. It took me a while to realize how the minotaur can do this and all I have to say is "HOW THE **** DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS?!". The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is the hologram, how can it delete objects. Also, de-spawning FX?

6. RogueWolf

RogueWolf Forerunner

Well...wow...
    Thats some truly original uses of items and ideas I couldn't have come up with given any amount of time!
    Damnably impressive idea and a well made post.

I take my hat off to you, Sir!

7. SecretSchnitzel

SecretSchnitzel Donald Trump
    Forge Critic Senior Member

If only you didn't have to designate a Destructaur at the start... Thats my only issue with this game. Would be nice if it worked in the same manner as infection. That aside, cool idea.

8. MyWhiteFlag

MyWhiteFlag Forerunner

I got a game on this earlier with a party of seven. I was expecting them to just shrug it off as non-forgers, but everyone really enjoyed it.
    Though I didn't understand a few things, like occasionally you can pick up weapons and occasionally they disappear and change the wall structure? Anyway, great map, also does the minotaur delete the fx at the start?

9. Blindsid3r

Blindsid3r Forerunner

whaaat? How exactly do you enable the minotaur to run through walls?

10. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Set the walls to be a goal. I think that's how Buddha described it.

11. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

This map sux, do NOT download. It is haxorz!

/troll

Honestly, I didn't really care for it as i'm not the one for honor-rule minigames and such, but there were times it was pretty fun and i can see why a lot of people like it. I can definately say congrats in making probably the most innovative minigame on reach to date though, it's just a shame it couldn't be further improved to be absolutely freaking amazing.

Well done you 3.

12. Mander

Mander YOU WOKE THE DRAGON

Erm, what honor rules were you referring to exactly? Because there aren't any really, besides designating the destructaur at the beginning, if you can even call that an honor rule. It's the same deal with Tremors though, and can't be avoided as the map obviously requires this gametype, and the gametype has to be team-based.

13. xForgeHeat48

xForgeHeat48 Guest

So in this game, is it possible for the Destructaur to lose? As it gets points just for walking through walls

14. Darth Human

Darth Human Guy from Reach

As what other people have said in the last few posts, the game doesn't really require a honor rule. But I do understand what Stevo is saying. Its not so much following rules, but people cannot "win". This game is VERY innovative, and that does seem to make up for the absence of a scoring system. The game is still fun, and I love the fact that used the armor ability as the goal so objects are "scored" (so they disappear). But the only way to keep a mini game alive is to involve some kind of competitive element.

15. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Well you can "win" by surviving the time limit, or by being the person who kills the destructaur, or by killing everyone as the destructaur; that's your "competitive element". A score isn't the only way to track who wins a game. You don't need numbers to affirm your victory. The popular gametype "clue" doesn't use a scoring system but it's still obvious who wins.

The prize for winning in clue is to pick the next killer, and the prize for winning Destructaur is to become the new minotaur, so hell there's even incentive too! You simply ignore what the little numbers say in the bottom right of the screen.

Besides, you're preaching to the choir here. If there was any way to implement a real scoring system then believe me I would have done it. The simple fact is that a game like this couldn't exist if you wanted to keep to a rigid scoring system. I chose to create something unique rather than create nothing at all, it's your choice whether you want to download/play it or not.

16. konradtacular

konradtacular Forerunner

how does the minotaur have the ability to delete things and how do people lose their items through holograms? Pleas I would love to know how you did it.

17. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

That is no doubt, the most UNBELIEVABLE thing that I have seen using the Insane gametype thus far. Not only have you taught me a few epic tricks using the gametypes, but you have utilized them in the best possible way.

Bravo.

18. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I randomly ended up in a game of this the other day. The basic mechanics of it are fascinating, which is why I had to read this thread just now to figure it all out. Highly innovative! For a while it was quite entertaining too. I was a little disappointed in it ultimately - one thing is that it felt crazy complicated. Unfortunately the guy who threw it in to our maps mix didn't read the description closely so none of us really knew what was going on, and there was a lot of confusion. I don't think that's all on you - some games simply are complex and require some explanation to play properly - but I think a game as innovative as this might benefit from being stripped down to something simpler. Even just having read the entire original post, I still find it a little puzzling, though it makes a lot more sense now than it did. Second, the scoring system thing is a shame, but it sounds like there's nothing you can really do about that.

19. magicstunts123

magicstunts123 Forerunner

WOW Great Map...but how can i recreate a door wich deletes all my Weapons like this?

20. A Killing Pie

A Killing Pie Forerunner

Holy Insanity! This map looks so cool! could you maybe have an overview? Or would that give away too much? Also, how did you do the changing pictures? Is it HTML or something?