Lab Escape V2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Dark Swerk, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Lab Escape V2

Map

Game

Made by - Sempr Fidelis

Players: 4 - 12 recommended

So you start off as a human in a very small room. You have to wait 30 seconds before you can leave due to blocks blocking your path into the next room. This is how the whole map works out. You will have to wait for something to spawn moving objects blocking your path into the next room. Just keep pushing as far back into the map as you can and defend your position untill you can make it to the end. Onces you reach the end you must do your best to stay alive till the time runs out. The map and game is really self explanitory onces you start playing and its surprisingly very fun! I am looking forward to what you think be sure to leave your thoughts about the good :) and the bad :(

Humans
    Weapons - Smg/Shotgun
    Sheilds - Normal
    Movement - Normal
    Damage - Normal

Infected
    Weapons - Energy sword
    Sheilds - 90%
    Damage - Instant kill with sword
    Movement - 200% speed 25% Gravity

Weapons
    Alot of smg's (To pick up a second one if thats what you prefer)
    Br x2

Tips -
    If you are zombie what I like to do is as soon as you spawn rush down to the humans and try to grab a kill so you have help to start out with.

If you happen to be overpowered by the humans simply wait a little for the next room to open and as they are moving get them from behind!

If you feel like you are never going to kill the last few humans don't feel to sad there is a time limit just keep pushing in numbers because with a shotgun or smg it will be difficult to kill large groups of zombies.

Have fun and don't take it to serious!

These pictures are not the map from room to room if you are confused please download and look at the map its very simple accualy!

The map from the outside

[​IMG]

Zombies spawn in a separate room with a teleporter which brings them here were the humans start

[​IMG]

This is the same room as the picture above just and you can see the humans have to defend off this potion untill the blocks are moved (OUCH!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After they make it out of the first room they end up in this stairwell which leads you to your next potion to defend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download to see the rest! Link at the top!

Please let me know what you think and if you do try it out also let me know how it was and if you think the zombies should be weaker or stronger ect... Thanks :)

#1 Dark Swerk, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

I am confused with the whole concept moving blocks and spawns. Is it a maze/trap infection game? This could use more info.

The map looks very nice, the juicy gave it a nice touch.

How man players can there be? Are their any weapons on the map?

3. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Yeah im still editing the description but ill quickly tell you.
    Its no max its straightfoward but simply these blocks hold you in that room right. After a certain amount of time fight off the zombies somthing spawns as in a cannon man moving the blocks which allows you to go further into the map.

4. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Ok youve answered half of my question, but you did say your editing your post. Just one off-topic question: Why is this called Lab Escape? :/

Ive just downloaded, ill give a review soon

5. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Well basically the zombies are your experiment you made go wrong. Of course you made them in a lab and now your trying to escape before you die. Well I will admit also because I made a very poorly made map in foundry years ago and decided to take up the idea and make another version.

6. Hat

Hat Guest

Its a cool idea, but I'm afraid that It'll get bland after a couple of games. You should remake this with bigger rooms and have a different strategy each time you change rooms. That would make it feel different in each room.
    lol

7. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

Ah, I remember testing this on Thursday or Wednesday :D Although you did add some stuff from when we were testing this (the tunnel to the building, it uses to just end before the last tube corner and then you would go outside and see some crashed asteroid-thing and the building), I would've preferred my suggestion.

BTW, you posted the pic of the zombie running at the human that's firing SMGs in the blue room with cover twice.

8. A SILENT EMU

A SILENT EMU Ancient

Cool map I love original concepts like this. I built a map with this exact same idea in mind back on foundry, but yeah very neat to see an updated version on sandbox. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe adding some more weapons later on as a reward for moving further through the map. Also, you definitely do have a ton of smg's lol.

9. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

The reason I didn't add more weapons was to keep it fair. The thing with smg's are alone they are not the best so it adds the idea that you have to work together with your team to get the job done.

10. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Nice. This was really fun when I played it last night. I really like how you have to hold out at every little checkpoint. The only thing I didn't like was when you hold out after you go up the man cannon. It was just way too easy for the human to die there. I also think the zombies have a little too much health. When I was the Last Man Standing I duel SMGed this zombie and he didn't die at the point at which a zombie would.

11. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

I did fix the zombies health a little bit. Just so you know when you go up that man cannon you keep jumping to get into another room :p You guys got stuck I think and didn't realize it. The new health is the alpha zombie is same as it was last night and the normal infected have jumped down a little. I do dislike the ending of the map because I felt rushed to finish it since I was getting really bored and wanted to end it that night.
    Also last night was my first official test run through :)

12. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

Must've been an alpha zombie. They aren't too strong but they can get you ;)

BTW, the infected dudes (not alphas) are a little weak.

13. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Yeah I guess, I just don't think I liked the fact where it took the zombies 3 seconds to drop down and nom on your soul. If you remake it in reach I suggest making it longer and also make the first room a bit bigger. 4.5/5

14. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

I just updated the game type its down to alpha is at 90% health (Same as it has been)
    The infected are down to 50%. I think thats good because if you have up to 4 people with dual smg's they will go down pretty fast but that also gives the zombies a chance

15. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

yeah I think it'll work, but I would recomend 75% because 50% is just a bit drastic. Also how long has this thread been up. Almost 3 pages of posts in like 10 minutes... Nice.

16. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

I just checked you can't do 75 is goes from 50% to 90%

#16 Dark Swerk, Aug 1, 2010
  17. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

I'm pretty sure I'll check real fast. One sec.
    EDIT: Yeah your right. I guess 50 will work then.

#17 HLG FlashPoint, Aug 1, 2010
  18. LRMAN0989

LRMAN0989 Forerunner

I think there is, but it might not. I haven't been fooling around with gametypes lately :p

19. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

Either way I am not totally satisfied but I am just going to leave it as it is and save the real stuff for reach. I'll keep V3 in the halo reach ideas section.

20. kilamanjara14izback

It was a great game even when it was just 4 or 5 of us playing it. I think it would be pretty good to attempt to play it was around 8 people. Either way it is a good game and relatively fair for both teams, juust make sure to not die in the beginning from a quick zombie. I believe sempr got me a few times that way.