La Sliding Door-Map

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Supreme321, May 24, 2008.

1. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I say more pics? Best idea I can come up with...

2. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

i cant tell either, it looks a little sloppy and bare

3. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Yeah, so, even though this is your first map, it is pretty nice. The sliding door is really simple, though. (sorry, I am a "master" switch-maker)... I mean, it is cool, but you really should use a dumpster (more relaible) and this switch is not bery origional. But of course, I am forgetting that almost no one on Forgehub cares about switches, so this must look really amazing (which it is sort of good). I am not trying to be mean, but other than the simple, unorigional sliding door (I am from a site devoted to switch making, so forgive my bluntness of your switch) it is not that good of a map. And the sliding door isn't 1) your idea or 2) that hard (40 hours???) to make.

I might be being a little harsh, but it is true. Anyway, don't think I am being mean, I am just being honest. But, welcome to Forgehub and nice first map posting. Oh, and you don't need bungie pro for more pics, they are automatically added to your recent screenshots on Bungie.net.

4. many popes

many popes Ancient

I like the idea of sliding door but it's not that original.

I also can't believe you spent 40 hours on this, my best map has only taken 10.

5. Supreme321

Supreme321 Ancient

Number 1 there are 6 pics and that's alot of the maps detail+ this is my first map so if ittook 40 hours then what.

6. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

*facepalm*

I rarely dislike a map, and don't take my comments as me disliking this, but I just don't...like it. The pics show to very basic bases, and I then some picture of a guy holding a bomb or an oddball?

You say you merged, but everyone does that. The act of doing it is not notable. It is only noteworthy if you merge a masterpiece- clean edges, no bumps, etc.

You claim 40+ hours of work, but I don't see it. Anyone who puts that much time into a map will put equal work into the post. Simple logic tells us that people will admire your hard work in a post, and assume its reflection in your maps. I just don't see any work or incentive to download the map.

7. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

i like the idea but i dont feel like it should b in the competetive section, some places u could improve on and in the description u said "Many weapons near the base+ Too Many to count" i dont feel thats going to go down well but for a first map its really good

8. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Sweet, I really like the idea of the switch being implimented so well. I hope there isnt balancing problems between the overshield and camo.

9. Supreme321

Supreme321 Ancient

Ok for the guy who rights in blue someone aslked if I mrged items so i'm telling him.

number two each base has the other powere up so if one side of the mdoor has camo the other side has camo at there base

number three there aRE TOO MANY WEAPONS TO COUNT BECAUSE THEE ARE SOO MANY WEAPONS AT EACH BASE + OM the field ok.