Sandbox Krypton

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Zombiesteve77, May 28, 2009.

1. Zombiesteve77

Zombiesteve77 Ancient

[​IMG]
    Created by Zombiesteve77
    Recommended players: 4-8
    Recommended variants: Team Slayer, Multi flag
    Supported variants: Team Slayer variants, Capture the Flag variants, Team Swat, King of the Hill variants, Assault, One Bomb
    Not supported: Oddball, VIP, Juggernaught, Territories

Map Description:
    The concept behind Krypton was to make a symmetrical competitive map for team slayer variants and capture the flag. Inspired by mlg maps I have played and enjoyed in the past, I wanted to have 2 definitive bases with levels and cover in the main body, without being cluttered. The map was made with fun competitive gameplay as the focus, so whilst some parts have been interlocked, i didnt want to go overboard (also for loading/glitchy gameplay reasons).

Weapons:
    Battle Riffle x 10
    Carbine x 2
    Brute Shot x 2
    Needler x 2
    Rocket x 1
    Frag grenades x 4
    Plasma grenades x 4
    Active camo x 1
    Oversheild x 1

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Overview Red Base

[​IMG]
    Overview Blue Base

[​IMG]
    View from Red Base

[​IMG]
    Brrrrrrr

[​IMG]
    Aerial View

<< Download Krypton >>

#1 Zombiesteve77, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. TFx KiLl3r

TFx KiLl3r Ancient

This map looks solid and perfectly symmetrical, I can see this playing well with capture the flag and TS. Did you ever think of putting KoTH in? Could see that being fairly good and i like variety. I think the areil view looks stunning. Good weapon choice, 4.5/5.

3. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

Looks pretty good, you should make a MLG version. Would be awesome.

4. twisted gaming1111

nice layout but i feel the middle maybe needs more structure/substance. i like the bases they give you the high ground advantage but the center just kinda looks like you just stacked some corner pieces and layed down some double blocks, maybe you should try to merge together like a building or a structure or something ...i would say if i had to guess the whole center area only took 20 minutes.....but nice layout 3-5

5. Chicken Dippah

Chicken Dippah Ancient

This map is very appealing as its pretty original not too many maps pull off having a lower central area well but this does, seems great for MLG type games the only thing im not particularly keen on is the overshield and active camo but overal it seems extremly well thought out I'll boost your downloads by 1 :)

6. Zombiesteve77

Zombiesteve77 Ancient

Thank you for your feedback. I had thought about doing KoTH but wasnt sure how well it would work, but I have updated krypton now. It now supports KoTH along with other variants. :) The download hyperlinks have been updated.

#6 Zombiesteve77, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009