Kirus

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Rho Fs, May 30, 2011.

1. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Oh, if only this gametype wasn't quite so drifty. Enhanced speed in Halo tends to do that, though, and it can't be helped.

This map is impressive. It's very impressive. It picks up the norm of halo multiplayer design by the collar and yells "**** YOU" in its face. What I would love to see from you, Rho, with this gametype, is something that is just smoother, in every respect of the word. I want to see something that doesn't require you to turn on a dime so much, which will enhance this game's movement infinitely.

2. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

Unfortunately, a lot of it comes down to gameplay mechanics. I know what you mean though. The gametype is hard to pull off in this game unfortunately.

3. alreadyRogue

alreadyRogue Forerunner

I know this is a super duper necro bump, but its kind of necessary.

SO what can I say rho, I was inspired, and I know I already told you all this, but ive started my own quake map, Seismic, which took the awesome parts of your map, the huge elevation changes, the vertical gameplay, complex routes, route prediction, but tried to get rid of the things that gave people who tried this gametype for the first time and found frustration.

My changes, less death pits = less random deaths
    not such skinny pathways = easier movement throughout the map.

I really want to get the reach community into this gametype because it is something special, but i feel your map was a too technically challenging map, which is good and bad.

Just an FYI

oh, and me and flamingo discovered something on your map, but thats another story