King Of The Ring

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by duff0403, Jan 21, 2008.

1. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

A map I made to replace my ThunderDome variant. Very chaotic. Five lives per person. Last man standing wins, simple as that. No scoring implemented, though it is possible.

Download Map
    Download Gametype

[img width=800 height=600]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh224/duff0403/19751239-Full.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]

2. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Is this all there is? A box? I don't see how that would be fun for more than a few minutes. But good job on those walls. Those look really straight.

3. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

Lol. But a few close range weapons and incendiary grenades no one can reach without dying doesn't look that fun... good job with the walls though.

4. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

Yeah basically it is just a "box." But everyone has 2x overshields. And there are a lot of weapons inside the ring. You say it doesn't look like fun, but everyone who plays it loves it. Play with AT LEAST 4 people and you will enjoy it.

5. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

What's that random teleporter up top for?

6. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

Everyone once in a while with a lot of people it'll spawn people outside of the ring. There are four sender nodes that go to that teleporter so they can get back into the ring.

7. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Looks pretty good, but I would put another screenshot or two up because it's kinda hard to see.

8. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

At the time of the posting I thought I had more screenshots, however some of them didn't make it to Bungie. But really there's not a lot more to see, the real action can only be experienced in a game.

9. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Even though this does meet the posting standards, it doesn't meet my expectations held for the map. Good idea, but I'd say you need to expand on this a little bit more. Just having close range weapons and 2x sheilds while playing in a giant box will not do. I'm sorry but this is a no go for me. However, if you expand on this idea and broaden your horizons I might come back to this.

10. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

Well I'm sorry that it doesn't meet your "expectations." FYI it's not just close range weapons, are rockets close range? Fuel Rods? Why don't you just try it with some friends before dissing it. And if you don't like it, don't downloa it. I didn't come here to here some lame criticism, I just posted it.

11. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

yeah it would be probably but nice job on the straight walls!

12. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

You might be a little happy to know that tonite I am implementing a scoring system I worked out during class today. It's not going to be your standard each kill gets one point though.

13. StrikerForce

StrikerForce Ancient

To be honest... it doesn't look like this map will be so much fun. Anyways, I will try it out, and try to leave feedback A.S.A.P

14. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

Sure..but try it wil at least 4 people for the full "effect." Be sure to dl the game variant for it, otherwise you won't get the point.

[​IMG]

15. RioT 17

RioT 17 Ancient

Cool, but I would put more work on the inside like a 2nd floor or an extra room you know, stuff that provides extra cover.

16. duff0403

duff0403 Ancient

I like the second floor idea, but I don't know about the room. The idea was to have nowhere to run to. But if I do add another floor, some noobs will find some way out of the room.