King Of The Castle

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by FEAR Da BliTZz, Nov 29, 2010.

1. FEAR Da BliTZz

FEAR Da BliTZz Forerunner

[​IMG]

Map Description
    King Of The Castle (built up of King Of the Castle (Gametype) and Castle (Map)) is a King Of The Hill based game in which two teams will spawn an equal distance away from the Castle and once in the Castle you will gain a point per second. If the Castle is contested then you must find the intruder and kill them to continue on you point snatching bonanza. There are many ways to attack and defend so get creative and try and win this game!

Red Team Spawn
    [​IMG]

Battlefield, Blue Team Ramp and Spawn in Background
    [​IMG]

Castle
    [​IMG]

Flank Route
    [​IMG]

Armoury
    [​IMG]

View From Main Tower
    [​IMG]

Falcon Attack
    [​IMG]

Defence
    [​IMG]

Attack
    [​IMG]

Flank
    [​IMG]

Birds Eye View
    [​IMG]

Video
    YouTube - King Of The Castle - Halo Reach Map

I hope you download and enjoy this game. :)

#1 FEAR Da BliTZz, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

wow, this looks great! but I already see a problem. the hill goes outside of the castle, so i could just stand outside while everyone is searching for me inside. if the hill size is neccesary you could make a small(er) one at the bottom, and a bigger one at the top. if not(cuz that would ruin the whole point of this, i suggest lining the castle with rocks, or moving it over the water, a placeing kill boundaries around it. but this looks really good, neat aesthetics. and people could run out of ammo in the fort though? I apoligize if im mistaken

3. Patsteirer

Patsteirer Forerunner

Perhaps the falcons properly combat people just standing on the outside? If not, you are quite correct. It seems to me that the hill should be a main tower or something

4. FEAR Da BliTZz

The people who are in the Hill will have an enlarged and enhanced radar so if they were at the Castle Walls they could locate them there giving the castle a bit larger space to defend (and also to fit the 4 corner towers in) and the ammo will not instantly run out and by the time they have, the weapons should have re-spawned within the armoury by then. There is one issue I can not fix on this map (and i don't know if it's King Of The Hill in general) but when they have killed the contesters, the points don't start going up again unless you leave and enter the hill again. So far there has been no solution but it hardly happens to me so it's not too bad :)

5. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

thats probably a glitch or something. everytime in matchmaking that never happens o_O.

and sorry, but from what I saw in the armory, there were only armor abilities so i didnt know. you should probably clear that up.

6. FEAR Da BliTZz

The weapons like guns and stuff are all on the walls in the armory :p

7. Noble V1

Noble V1 Forerunner

Wow this map really looks great. I love the location of the castle and it's aesthetics are amazing. The inside could maybe use a little more detail but I do like the weapons and vehicles on it too, looks like it would be some real good fun.

8. Flameing Bannana

Flameing Bannana Forerunner

This looks like it could be a great invasion map but great map and nice screenshots