Sandbox King Nibs Curse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by NlBBS, May 25, 2010.

1. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

King Nibs Curse

Gametypes Supported:
    Slayer, Team Slayer and FFA
    If you want to try other gametypesfeel free to set them up, i only have it set to slayer because thats what my friends and i have found to be the most fun.

Team Chaos

Slightly lower gravity
    Random Weapons
    250 point score limit
    20 minute time limit
    Everything else besides the items listed above should be the same as normal Slayer.

The Map

Utter Chaos!! Bloody F@%ing Carnage!
    This map is an intense experience like none you've ever seen!
    You and your teammates will spawn on the most unforgiving ring you've ever seen.
    No cover, No health insurance... No Problem!
    King Nibs Curse challenges your skills in many different ways:
    You never know what weapon you'll spawn with, but you're gunna have to make the best of whatever you get or scavenge off of a fallen foe.
    Constantly watch your back or you may end up with a ghost in it!
    Make the jump to cross the pit or die trying.

The Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

An overview of the map (the structures around the outside have been removed).
    [​IMG]

A closer look at the death pit and overshield spawn.
    [​IMG]

Well there you have it! Feel free to tell me what you think. This is also my first completed map post, so let me know if i messed something up.

Download Map
    Download Gametype

2. v0ltecpr0

v0ltecpr0 Forerunner

Have to say looks pretty impressive m8 nice forging

3. Jrcane4455

Jrcane4455 Forerunner

Not trying to say that this isnt a decent map, but i've seen this one done many times and a bit better than this. For instance in this if your pushed to the edge you can recover and you just die. In others it is much harder to get pushed to the middle and some have it where the playing surface gets smaller as time elapses.

4. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Wow, everyone here is too critical, its really good if you just freehanded everything, but from what I see it looks a little lop-sided... If you do something similar, I suggest using a respawn area next time, it'll get you a better circle. I haven't played it yet, but it looks like it'd be fun with a good group of friends.

5. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

You're right Meta, it is a bit lop-sided and i'm trying to remember how i did the circle. I'm thinking it was a tin cup but i cant quite remember. And yes now that you mention it, a respawn area would have been better for keep the circle a bit neater.

I also didn't mention in the post that you can get out of the pit if you fall in. A well placed grenade, hammer or brute shot will get you out.

Lastly, i know the asthetics aren't really existent on this map, but i can assure you that the gameplay makes up for it. Meta is correct in that it is fun, especially with friends. Also, the vehicles aren't the main focus on the map, they're just there for some ridiculous situations. And ill give mad props to anyone who can find the spot on the map that allows you to bounce off center to the opposite side on a ghost. Thanks for the comments so far guys and ill definately keep them in mind if a v2 ever goes into work.

#5 NlBBS, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Hahaha yeah this is pretty good if you just did it freestyle. I happen to know the type of gameplay and its insanely fun, and this is definatly worth the dl. There are obviously many little issues but there is one huge one with the above post... No advertising your maps!!! Thats one of the rules, so you have to edit out the picture or something i think. I dont wanna see you get banned cus of a mistake.

And yeah, i did notice the lopsidedness had a bit of an effect on gameplay that could be good or bad. Theoretically, in a circle the area of focus would be a circle with half the radius offeset just a bit to one side and rotating throughout the game (because of the spawns,) but the strange almost circle ruined the symmetry just a bit and now its a stable ellipse set slightly to one side. What is your intent with that?

7. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You should make the death pit go just below the blue line things so you die and hit stone instead of a kill ball

8. Ticky

Ticky Forerunner

I have played on this map MANY times and honestly it is fun every time and you always end up with some crazy video of what you did. especially when you get the sniper. Anyways fun map and worth the DL

9. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

There are a few bumps in the map and it is a bit lop-sided in places. But i will say that during gameplay ive never actually noticed the bumps, so im thinking they don't have all that big of an effect on gameplay. Im also contemplating remaking the map so that its more circular, less lop-sided and have the pit go through the floor of the sky bubble (I really like that idea). Thanks for the comments.

10. new dewd 2 halo

new dewd 2 halo Forerunner

11. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

What idea are you talking about new dewd?

12. new dewd 2 halo

new dewd 2 halo Forerunner

pretty much copy most of your map, but on a smaller scale. and use it as an extension of my map.

13. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Go for it

Also, ive decided to completely redo the map including all (or at least most) of the ideas mentioned.