King Kong

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Oopooo, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Oopooo

Oopooo Forerunner

[​IMG]

Alright here it is, my second post in two days (I've had these maps done for a while but never got around to posting anything until now).

This is a big terrain-based map with a large forerunner-esque tower as well as some smaller structures.

Vehicles:
    -Banshee (180s, will not spawn at start)
    -Ghost x2
    -Mongoose x2

Weapons:

-DMR x7
    -Shotgun x1
    -Sniper Rifle x1
    -Spartan Laser x1
    -Frag Grenades x8

-Needle Rifle x4
    -Needler x2
    -Plasma Pistol x2
    -Plasma Repeater x1
    -Plasma Grenade x4
    [​IMG]
    (I 'fenced' the entire map so you won't fall off by accident, and neither will the skulls in headhunter)

Pictures and more info:
    [​IMG]
    Red base and mancannon (alternate spawn area at the rocks in the distance)

[​IMG]
    Blue base and mancannon (again, alternate spawn in the background, behind seastacks)

[​IMG]
    The tower (symmetrical left to right)

[​IMG]
    The tower from behind

[​IMG]
    Inside the tower (sniper spawn)

[​IMG]
    The low outer path is out of view from the tower and allows safe(r) travel between bases. Also, the spartan laser spawns on the platform to keep the banshee in check.

[​IMG]
    There are three of these structures on the map. Climbing up the sides gives a great view if you've got a dmr handy. (shotgun spawn by the tree)

[​IMG]
    View from Red Base

[​IMG]
    View from Blue Base

Enjoy! (and let me know if there are any bugs, I haven't tested all gametypes on it)

#1 Oopooo, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. Ratheld

Ratheld Forerunner

You did an amazing job on the tower but the bases are rather bland and lacking... rebuild them from scratch with a forerunnerish feeling to it. Good luck!

3. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

looks very good. The big Cathedral thing that is. The rest of the map is made out of premade objects and is not even half as ingenuitive as the Cathedral. Seriously, the CTh. kicks major but. Looks very good. It just does not belong with the poor surroundings.

Try to continue the map, to have the same feeling as the CTH does. The CTH has a definite forerunner feel to it.

And for the red base, when you leave in the front door, thats a big drop.
    And those bases have been way overused. With the imagination that created the CTH, im positive you can come up with something for the bases.

And you should have a lot of money left