Sandbox Kiddie Lane

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Cheathunter, May 1, 2009.

1. Cheathunter

Cheathunter Ancient

Does anyone here know Kiddie Lane? Well, Kiddie lane was a map on foundry. A bunch of slow humans have to get to a custom powerup, and the zombie has to splatter them in a warthog. This was originally on foundry, but I decided to bring it to Sandbox.

The Warthog ramp, where the zombie spawns:
    [​IMG]

Where the humans spawn:
    [​IMG]

The custom powerup:
    [​IMG]

An overview of the whole thing:
    [​IMG]

I interlocked on the floors and in the sheild doors. Also, I know the ramp is kinda messed up. If you are infected, dont drive off incredibly slow. If I should fix it in any way, just tell me.

Download Kiddie Lane (Sandbox) here: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

I don't really know where to get the "Ice cream Man" game variant. If you can't find it, just message me.

2. Fluffball Gato

Fluffball Gato Ancient

It is simple.

But it could be fun.

I have never heard of "Kiddie Lane" before.

It is an interesting game concept.

Well done.

3. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

No offense, but what's the point of creating nearly the exact same thing on Sandbox? So you got a crappy forged ramp dropping down onto the street... other than the method of getting onto the street, what's so different? Why would I download the same game on Sandbox when more people will be able to play on Foundry... just so I can drop down onto the street instead of going through a bunch of teleporters?

4. SPOC

SPOC Ancient

I dont see why you needed to make a floor but the concept of the map is alright. It could use some polishing though.

5. ape man 117

ape man 117 Ancient

Like Shroomz said. What's the point in forging the exact same thing in sandbox that was in foundry, all that's different is the ramp and the visual look of the objects, if you had done something beneficial to the map such as make humans faster but the "lane" longer that would change the game play but otherwise it is an exact remake which under my understanding is an infraction. 1/5

6. hyabusa1337

hyabusa1337 Ancient

not as good as the foundry version and it has no places in the build ing along the side to hide momentarily if your going to do 1 on sanbox id make it bigger and add a twist to it to make it better

7. exploreTheGore

exploreTheGore Ancient

This map has been made a lot of times already ion sandbox and some of the other versions were a little nicer forged. I would definitely fix the infected ramp because it looks like the warthog could get stuck and that is a really big problem. I give you a 3/5 because overall it is nicely made but it is not original.

8. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

He really nailed it here. There is no point of doing the same thing. Look at my DLX maps in my signature and see how I'm adding twists to all these classic remakes. That is something I would strongly consider. Otherwise, it's just the same old thing and it's actually quite pointless. Also, I even like the teleporters in the original better than the warthog dropping down. Sorry, but I'm disappointed and you didn't add any aesthetic creativity.

9. MaxSterling

MaxSterling Ancient

Don't even know why you bothered tilting the double block to make a ramp when you could have just used a couple of large ramps and got the angle you wanted.

Why do people always think small scale on Sandbox? Hell, you could have juiced up the speed from 25% to 50%, created a longer street, made houses with yards, and maybe even another block or two... and probably still had pieces left over.

10. Kryticate

Kryticate Ancient

Bigger than the Foundry map, but looks very bland and why did you have the Warthog go from that jump? It will just flip over, humans will try to kill the zombie, and the zombie will be trying to stop from being assassinated while they easily get the powerup.

Needs work, 2.5/5