KeyShip

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Ewok2870, Jun 5, 2008.

?

Do you know what an Ewok is?

1. No.

5.2%
  2. Yes.

43.1%
  3. There's one in my backyard.

41.4%
  4. Is that a fruit?

10.3%
  1. Ewok2870

Ewok2870 Ancient

deleted

#1 Ewok2870, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    NeverlessWonder likes this.
  2. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

i really like the way this looks. nice use of interlocking. the pallet bridge looks good as well. before anyone says it would be easy to jump out of you can see the map is covered by bridges in the last pic. good job

3. Jump4h

Jump4h Ancient

Looks pretty nice and I agree with your recommended gametypes; doesn't look like CTF would work well on this, but other small team games would.
    I like it but it's not extra amazing or anything. Keep up the good work.

4. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Looks very professional having a lot of interlocking and straightness to it. The only reason why I will not download this map is just because it's too small for my taste, and my list is already overfilled. Nice job though for a fifth post, unlike most people who totally ignore rules and how bad their maps are. BTW love the pallets.

#4 ZANDER1994, Jun 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. Xx i4ml3g3nd xX

Xx i4ml3g3nd xX Ancient

Wow this looks like a great map! I would DL for sure if i had room. I really like the pallets as a bridge! Great job!

6. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Needs interlocking. I like the idea of a destructable bridge, but it looks like it could be jumped over!

7. ManU7Chucho

ManU7Chucho Ancient

I like your map it's very original, the pallet bridge, good addition.

8. rtlbeans

rtlbeans Ancient

looks really good
    nice use of interlocking
    ill have to try it out

9. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

the map looks really good just i know i had the same thing happen to my war museum map so i dont blame you for the small part

10. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

looks really good. i think ill dl but b4 id play it is just have to remove the power ups... that seems a but pointless and it just over owers things having that much in there.

11. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

ill give it a shot later, im at the limit

12. iversonrocks03

iversonrocks03 Ancient

I'm gonna download this just for your name and the avatar thing

Your the man

13. locoidontknow

locoidontknow Ancient

I love small maps for some split screen. I also really like the pallet bridge, Ican see alot of coolmoments there.

14. skaterdude770

skaterdude770 Ancient

Nice map layout. Excellent style and use of interlocking. I also like the Pallet Bridge. =]
    Looks great for 1v1's. Q'd

15. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

Can't you jump up and get the custom powerups and the overshield?

16. Forge Monster

Forge Monster Ancient

Looks extremely easy to get out, and I suggest you take the cross out, because people will be grabbing it constantly and for those who don't have it = well... non competitive.

17. Dodfrontlines11

Dodfrontlines11 Ancient
    Banned

nice map really clean but looks like some parts could be interlocked better but over all nice work.

18. Tex

Tex Ancient

actually, i found this map to be one of the first maps posted (recently) that does NOT need to be interlocked, and I'm actually quite happy to say that, because in all honesty, people say that way too much, and this map kinda proves that wrong, great map man...definately will download.

I'm sure that I will find somethings to be sloppy, and I'm not quite sure I will like that, but this is your first post, and for that, great job.

19. AItius

AItius Ancient

sweet map, but are you sure this is for competitive gameplay

20. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

I love the layout and concept of this map, its excellent. Your strongest point is most definitely the layout and is backed up by some nice clean interlocking. I also like the fact you took the time to make a layout image for your post. The pallet bridge, while not being totally new or innovative, looks excellently done and the way you laid out the weapon holders adds an extra touch to it :)

Unfortunately it looks like you 'Lazied up' a bit on the interlocking of the outside walls and some of the other immovable scenery. Honestly, it would make your map look a million times better. Theres no excuse for not taking the extra time to tidy those slightly sloppy areas up. While on the point of Interlocking and Map Geometry, your map looks incredibly easy to escape from (which is the bane of any mapmakers forging life), If you have any scenery left, be sure to block off those areas which could be grenade jumped out of etc

Your spawn system looks to be pretty sparse too ... it never hurts to put a few more spawn points down, even in the odd location that you might not think to (just make sure they have a bit of cover or a fair run at a weapon). Don't really double them up or anything, cause that can lead to people spawning next to each other, which is fail. Fear not though, there are plenty of good spawn tutorials on this very site ... Click Here for Salvation.

I question your use of those Powerups in that pattern, simply cause people will easily collect them. It does look nice and all, but it seems to have little to no functionality.

Weapons-wise, you didn't post a list, so theres no way i could give you any advice simply by looking at the pics (which is what i'm doing, cause i'm at work). But the sword looks like it'd be mighty overpowering in such a small space, especially with the Bubble Shield in combo.

Finally, don't take pics in forge, your map will come across a lot better if you have shots taken in game with and without people playing.

I know that looks like a big old essay of negativity, but its not. They're all really simple things that could help make your pretty decent map into an excellent one.
    I hope you take the time to make a revision, taking these things into account.