Jurasic park

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by StreetSoccer12, Jul 12, 2008.

?

How good was it? (5 being best, 1 worse)

1. 1

4.7%
  2. 2

1.6%
  3. 3

17.2%
  4. 4

18.8%
  5. 5

57.8%
  1. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Jurassic park

Thanks everyone for the Downloads and rating!
    [​IMG]

Jurasic Park
    Created by streetsoccer12

Supported Gametypes:
    Dinosaurs

Map Description
    Humans start in the main room and Have three different path's to take, while the dinosaur starts in a cage underneath the main room. The Dinosaur spawns on a custom power up slowing him down for the first 5 seconds so the humans have a head start to get to a base. Humans need to go out and look for weapons but have to make sure that they have enough time to get to a base before nighttime. If they don't get back on time most likely the dinosaur will kill you. every path you go through has a certain defence too, so choose wisely. Best way to stay alive though is to stick together with other people. Hope you like the map.

Power Weapons
    If you notice on the map there are no power weapons other then the sniper. So you need to go out and search for the power weapons, before nighttime comes of course. Some spots are harder then others if you find any weapons without going into forge mode post the pictures up on this thread. It will be fun to see if we can find them all. So good luck and have fun on the map!

Dinosaur spawn
    [​IMG]

Hallway
    [​IMG]

Small Fort
    [​IMG]

Turret Base
    [​IMG]

Room
    [​IMG]

Water Leak
    [​IMG]

Over Time

Day Time
    [​IMG]

Sunset
    [​IMG]

Night Time
    [​IMG]

Thanks to some of my friends helping with my game variant!

Download Jurasic Park
    Download Dinosaurs

#1 StreetSoccer12, Jul 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    xFr1ct10nx and Sgt B1ggl3s like this.
  2. N1SS3 200

N1SS3 200 Ancient

nice map but i think it's to hard for the zombies to kill the players in the turret room.
    but it's still one of the best maps on ghost town. good job! 4.5/5

3. CANADAs ARMY EH

CANADAs ARMY EH Ancient

wow i was thinking of making a map called ths on foundry with the 2 car scene and the t rex comes out of the cages... i like the idea and i hope the zombies colors are green.. 5/5 orginality

4. IcedFrappuccino

IcedFrappuccino Ancient
    Banned

This looks like the best map I have ever seen on Ghost Town. I will have to delete your filter effects though. I hate the day/night scheme. It's too old and too hard too see sometimes and I don't want to alter my TV settings just for one map.

5. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

One of the few good maps on Ghost Town! It is very creative, fun and balenced.m I DL both the map and the gametype. Very well made!

6. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

i love this idea! JurasSic Park is one of my all time favorite movies, and i love dinosaurs. you got a definate download from me.

7. Oddisey

Oddisey Ancient

cool map dude i like the idea, as everyone else has already said this is a very original piece so keep up the good forging!

8. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

If anyone doesn't want the filters you can simply turn them off because the bottom room where the zombie spawns is like pitch dark so it might be hard. Sorry about that people I couldn't really do anything!

9. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

It's automatically awesome for being based off of Jurassic Park, but I thinks it's kind of a gimmick, seeing how I don't see anything related to the movie or Dinosaurs in any way. The map seems extremely campy and difficult for the zombies to get a kill.

10. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Have you actually played the map or are you just basing these things off the pictures? I was trying to make the lab from jurasic park 3, but yes I did change some things up and it's not that easy to recreate jurasic park.

11. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

foregasm!, just the idea givs me chills, looking really gd the waters cool and fits perfect with ghost town, gd job

12. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Gary did you just make a forgehub account? Also thanks for the review and make sure you post your indiana Jones map I'll help you if you don't know how to post it.

Also Thanks everyone for Downloading and ratings I already got +200 downloads on the first day!

#12 StreetSoccer12, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  13. many popes

many popes Ancient

I like to see somebody making a proper forgery on ghost town. Finally it's potential has been used fully!

14. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Copy of Review on Bungie.net:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Community Reviewer: H3 Crimson
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Map Review-

Description: 3/5 [on the Bungie.net... it is significantly better on the Forgehub thread, but this review is based on the B.net one]
    Pictures: 4/5
    Map Idea: 5/5
    Map Quality {layout}: 4/5
    Map Quality {looks}: 4/5

Comments: Looks very well made considering it is on Ghost Town, a map thats hard to forge on. Although the small description let you down. It seems fun and as I said before, quite good for a map on Ghost Town.

Overall: 4/5

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    ~H3 Crimson
    Want another map reviewed? Want to become a reviewer? Message me.

15. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I love jurrasic park the move so im sure to love jurrasic park the map! Nice work I really like this, It looks unqiue and orignal. Nice work

16. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

looks really fun imma dl it. also does it change the time of day really during the game or is that just in the pics?

17. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

Yes I used the FX effect, some people don't like the effect so they simply remove it. It's really up to you I don't care that much.

18. pred10122

pred10122 Ancient

the turret room is a little overpowered but great game overall 5/5

19. MadMaxZH55

MadMaxZH55 Ancient

this is actually a really good map on Ghost town. Good job 5/5

20. LostSaints

LostSaints Ancient

WTF ....THIS MAP SUCKS ANII..YES ANII....The plural word for anal that how bad it sucks it sucks more than one BUTT....WTF....THIS MAP IS SO BAD I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BULL TAKE A DUMP IN MY EAR.....Jk ken this map is good...LOL