Jumpstation 001: Death From Above

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by JoshJiggler, Jan 28, 2008.

1. JoshJiggler

JoshJiggler Ancient

Jumpstation 001
    Death From Above
    Created by JoshJiggler, assisted by TheRealDynoMike

Download Map

Lissenup Maggots! Welcome to Jumpstation 001, the UNSC's top of the line transportation device for moving equipment to any unit in the field! Ok, so it really only launches Marines at each other ad nauseam! Damnit, isn't that good enough fun though? /END bad Drill Sargent bit...

Jumpstation 001 was designed as map for mid air combat. Players spawn falling from the sky, or spawn in a small area under the mancannon area. From there, it's through the mancannons and to death. The map works with just about any slayer gametype, but my test crew and I have had a lot of fun with shotguns and no shields, or rockets. The lower levels of each base hold stockpiles of grenades perfect for the flyby sticking of your enemies. Beware those mid-air collisions though, you never know where you might land. Just plain chaotic fun for as many people as you can pile on the bases, so grab the cream of your friends list and start flying through the air!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any and all comments welcomed! Can't wait to hear from you guys!

2. NTG

NTG Ancient

Looks cool, I'll download.

3. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Wow... very professional post. You have left me no excuse to not try this one out.

4. x blade x68

x blade x68 Ancient

5. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I really like how the overlay on your screenshots turned out, so Gz on that and did you do that yourself?
    I'm DLing this map, but would like to know if it is possible to get on the main part of the map and if so, is it possible to escape and hide, or use it to strategical advantage?
    This sounds like a very amusing game and if it does not already include objects like power drainers , flares, radar jammers, or deployable cover, you might want to think about adding some to make some equipment chaos, and give a strategic advantage to those who are accomplished "poop jump" -ers.

6. Jack xw

Jack xw Ancient

Wow, nice screenshots. Im gonna have to download this one.. it looks awesome.

7. Papaqueso

Papaqueso Ancient

The screenshots are great, how'd u do that?

It seems really interesting and a good concept :squirrel_grouphug: happy squirrel pic for you

8. JoshJiggler

JoshJiggler Ancient

Yes you can get to the main part of the map, unfortunetly I was unable to block it off. However, there is nothing there to really give a tactical advantage. With a Rockets game, you can perch on the cliff and shoot at people, but that usually doesn't last before someone easily picks them off. Weapons wise, there's nothing on the map. I pretty much built it to play on custom weapon maps (which I didn't include any gametypes for, because well if people can't make those...you know...)

As for all the comments on my screenshots...that's Photoshop magic there. (C: The overlay at the bottom is my own creation...really just a few minutes work. The real work went into the map itself. (C:

Thanks for great response so far, can't wait to hear what you guys think after you get a chance to play it!

9. DeadEye

DeadEye Ancient

this map looks amazing, gotta downlowd