Juicy Fx

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by CC Pybus, Aug 6, 2011.

1. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

How do you all feel about the special fx, especially juicy on a competitive map, personally i am building a map on forgeworld at the moment and feel it emphasises the colour of the lights (yes i used lights too) and makes a welcome change from the endless grey of forgeworld. I know alot of you will disagree and associate the fx with badly made infection maps where you can't see a thing. Im just curious whether it would put you off a map if it had a juicy fx + lights on, even if the framerate did not suffer as a result?

2. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Juicy is the only special effect I'll use (If I'm using any) on a competitive map.

3. Caucasian Invasion

Caucasian Invasion Forerunner

Im not a big fan of juicy, but thats just me. I have seen some maps that pull it off nicely, but it really depends on your map. Color is great but the juicy effect just looks a bit to casual for a competitive map IMO.

4. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Juicy + Colorblind = Win.

Juicy or Colorblind alone, however = lose.

5. Naughty Badger

Naughty Badger Forerunner

I personally believe juicy depends on how it fits in your map. Remember that Fx can sometimes be the difference in your map quality

6. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

Only the black and white or near black and white are useful, IMHO. All the others are for play, but nothing serious.

7. pyro

pyro The Joker

Purple can make a nice night feel for infection maps and occasionally some other competitive type maps, but true competitive maps never have fx on. I hate juicy for competitive maps as do many other people I know so it's best to leave it off.

8. Frozenlynx

Frozenlynx Forerunner

It's incredibly expensive ($1000), but Juicy, Next Gen, Nova, and Purple looks pretty shweet.

9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Juicy by itself is awful. Experiment with different combinations.

10. For Infection, I commonly use Juicy, Next Gen and Colorblind. These together make a nice gloomy feel, but is light enough to see the map. Not too dark, just right. IMO.