Foundry Judgement on The Asylum

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by patt06snipe, May 12, 2009.

1. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

I'll help out with the forging of the map if you want. I thought of some good changes to the map that would really help out.

2. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

Ok, just PM and tell me what you think we should do. I'll be able to get on this weekend.

3. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

OK, so I have been waiting for this map for about a month and a half. I watched for all the updates and I have to say I was a bit skeptical that this map was going to be as good as the original. But I was wrong. This in my opinion plays a lot better than the original. There is more of a sense of fear and unexpectedness in this map. I remember in the original it was very open and easy to live till the end of the round, but this makes it fun to play as either a human or a zombie.

First off, your presentation is spectacular. I have never seen so many pictures with such a good description. Kudos to you for that. Second the map layout is extremely complex but that makes it all the better. It shows immense dedication and no piece looks rushed. I just have a few problems/unanswered questions about the map.

1st:
    I found that if you don't open the doors right away when the mancannons spawn and wait too long for the blocking wall to spawn then you will never be able to open the doors. This isn't really a problem but people new to the game will be locked in rooms for entire games.

2nd:
    What is the purpose of the lone crate and mancannon on the second floor? If it is supposed to be an openable gate then it is broken. It will open for a bit then close and lock then disappear then reappear.

3rd:
    What happens if at the beginning of a game, a zombie clears a floor before the door opens? Is the zombie forced to wait for the humans to go through? Then can't a zombie camp the stair case and wait for someone to up or down and assassinate them?

If you can clear up those problems for me then 5/5, if not I take it down to a 4/5

Also, I move to make a judgement prefix so that we spawn a new class of **** zombie stlye maps. There should be a tutorial on how to make a **** zombies map. I think master debayter said he would make a tutorial, or maybe I just pulled that out of my ass.

EDIT: @Shroomz
    I just quick fix'd the glitch. Take a dumpster and shove it in between two double boxes which the door is in between. This will block the open ceiling that allows you to escape the map.

#23 thumtac, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  4. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

You are correct sir. I was planning on making a write-up for making Judgement maps. They should contain a certain criteria of things, such as the random weapon box and the window system. They shoudl also include the weapons on the wall as well as an open field for the zombies around the actual building.

Yeah, I think I'll make up something. In the meantime, I wait for TGIF tomorrow until I worry about anything else.

5. thumtac

thumtac Ancient

I have just finished compiling a map fix. But first I will show you what two cheats got exploited:

I highly suggest you watch this Film

Note: All these cheats were performed with 200% gravity
    Cheat 1:
    First, you have to spawn in the upstairs. Walk over to the Random weapon box towards the barrel and fusion coil:
    [​IMG]

Take the barrel and push it away and move it towards the crate locked in place:
    [​IMG]

Jump on the barrel and then onto the crate:
    [​IMG]

Make your way towards the double dumpster stack upstairs and go into the little pocket:
    [​IMG]

Wait for a while and have someone cover you so the zombies can't get to you and then the fence wall and mancannon will spawn covering you and sealing you from the zombies:
    [​IMG]

Fix:
    What I did was I eliminated the entrance to the pocket by moving the dumpsters over a little so that entrance from both sides is blocked:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: This doesn't stop you from making it over the crate but it does stop you from sealing yourself.

Cheat 2:
    This is the cheat described by Shroomz. Follow the same steps as before except push the barrel up against the window and jump onto the platform:
    [​IMG]

Now crouch jump onto the door and get outside:
    [​IMG]

Go through the teleporter and you end up in the zombie spawn room! Yay! spawn camping!
    [​IMG]

Fix:
    What I did was I placed two short barriers over the hole that you can jump out of with teleporters blocking the ability to move the barrier:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No dl, I need to fix this map nao! If you dl'd it delete it!

I recommend putting this in your first post

#25 thumtac, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. Trevor

Trevor Ancient

This map looks cool I give it a 5/5

7. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

Alright i just have to congragulate you on this amazing achivment of a map. one of the most thought out infection (my one and only game) game variants has been layed out in front of my eyes on this monitor. the design and forging put into this and the first map are simply amazing. you have now officialy got on to my best of infection list (it does not actually exist but if it did you would be on it) cant wait to play this game i know im gonna love it like i did the first. i played the first for 2 hours! cant wait for v2, keep on forging!

#27 Obibital, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  8. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

overall great map i just have a hard time appreciating foundry maps now that sandbox is here

9. Flying Dice

Flying Dice Ancient

I loved playing on The Last Day, I'm going to flip out waiting to get a refurb back from Micro$oft so that I can DL this. The level of thought and detail put into this map is simply astounding. With the escapes fixed, I really see no reason this map shouldn't rate a perfect score.

10. patt06snipe

patt06snipe Ancient

The V2 of the map will come out shortly...wait about 1 to 2 more weeks and you'll have some more **** zombie slaying fun in your hands.

Features of V2

more open space for humans inside

a new room is being added downstairs with a zombie window

moving the doors so that humans fight their way to the last stand room upstairs

improved tele system for zombies...more freedom of where to go.

Fixes on ways out for zombies and humans alike.

That is all so far, but if you or anyone else know of any other problems with the map let me know.[​IMG]

TO MASTER DEBAYTER....I may need help perfecting my 2 doors so noone can get stuck.

11. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

I'll see what I can do. Your windows are a bit different from mine, but the same concept is involved here.

12. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

great map. really feels like **** zombies. i have made my own zombie map that is pretty good but this would give it a run for its money. great job.