Jetpacking 101

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by TheFretgod, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TheFretgod

TheFretgod Forerunner

Check out this custom race map! That's right this one is used for jetpacking only! Jetpacking 101 is now up for grabs. Put your jetpacking skills to the test on this INTENSE race/obstacle course! 16 players can play. The gametype is set up for no killing. The gametype is oddball (this was necessary to achieve a race with no vehicles). First to get to the end wins. There are four checkpoints, each custom made. Once you get near a checkpoint, you have to blow up the fusion coil that blocks it from use. These checkpoints are spread FAR apart so death carries a heavy penalty (also I didn't have access to as many teleporters as I wanted). Most people who will play this map will dub it impossible. I have cleared this map, and will upload the video depending on the community feedback. This map was created by me (TheFretgod) and vI ArcxAnGel Iv. [​IMG][​IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m484/James_Seals/Halo/reach_7985242_Full.jpg[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m484/James_Seals/Halo/reach_7985439_Full.jpg[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

P.S.- I would like feedback. I want you to try and cheat to see if you can. But I recommend not cheating (of course) because there are many kill boundaries (hard kill). I ask you to try and cheat so that I can patch it up and make sure that it is in fact impossible to cheat!

#1 TheFretgod, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
  2. zakrox

zakrox Forerunner

sorry, but we need images, so if you don't want this thread locked, post some within 24 hours, heres a link if you need helphttp://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-reach-custom-content/104926-how-post-screenshots.html

3. Prototape

Prototape Forerunner

Played a little of it. Pretty fun so far, good job :)

4. iMason

iMason Forerunner

Looks decent ive never thought of the idea of racing with jetpacks :)

5. T Clay 317

T Clay 317 Forerunner

My friend and I were playing it and it was like you said, near impossible. However we did find one pretty significant part where you can cheat.
    It is right when you get to paridiso. Instead of climbing up the rock wall, you can just walk/wade through the water around the wall to your right without dieing, and from then on continue to the vehicle section.
    This was actually a blessing for us however because we couldn't for the lives of us figure out how to get up that part. We had to get off for the night before we even got to the second teleporter but we will try again tomorrow.

On another note, assuming forge limits/budget/numbers permit, it would be really nice if u could give 10 feet or so of soft kill barriers before hard kill sections, because there is nothing more infuriating than dieing when you think you are somewhere safe. Either this or add more arrows, because in a few parts the directions are a little vague.

Anyway, I hope this post helps and I'm looking forward to trying the map again tomorrow.

6. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

This is not a race map. It's more like a casual or mini game map. Other than that, it looks cool. You should ask a mod to move this.

7. TheFretgod

TheFretgod Forerunner

@x DREAM 76 x- I see where you're coming from, but I think that one's open for debate. Players can either come in casually to play this, or race. The choice is up to them.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck Ancient

Moved to Reach Mini Game Maps.

9. TheUnseenForce

TheUnseenForce Forerunner

I think this map looks like a ton of fun, but still challenging. It's really hard to make maps like this one durable because so many times people can fly past the kill barrier. Hope everything works.

Btw: some of the text at the top is impossible to read. :p

10. TheFretgod

TheFretgod Forerunner

@TheUnseenForce- this map has been pretty durable so far with only one kill boundary fluke which has been fixed. I encourage you to play this map with your friends, and when you have time try to cheat just to see if you can (the other day I jumped from the very beginning and with some expert timing landed straight on the finish line. This has been corrected). I hope you enjoy it!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Hey guys thanks for hanging in there! Here is the video I promised you! Enjoy!
    YouTube - Halo: Reach the "Jetpack Trick"
    Getting tired of topping out when using the jetpack? Well stop jetpacking like a noob, and learn to jetpack like a PRO!!! With this trick, you can almost triple your height gained from jetpacking!

Need somewhere to hone your new skills? Try my new map! (bungie.net account required to take advantage of links below)

Map: Jetpacking 101 (co-creator vI ArCxAnGel Iv)
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fil...

Game Variant: Jetpack 101 Race

Is this map too hard for you? Can't seem to find your way? Check out this guide I made just for you! PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHERE I'M LOOKING!!!
    SPOILER!!! (please attempt the map before resorting to this video!)

Guide: Jetpacking 101 Guide

Good luck, jetpack pro!

#10 TheFretgod, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  11. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

Had a lot of fun playing on this! Might get frustrating for those who aren't great with the jetpack, and requires a little bit of patience to wait for your jetpack to recharge, but a great time nonetheless. I definitely recommend downloading it and trying it with a few friends.

12. OMFGeofffff

OMFGeofffff Forerunner

I don't know if you've updated since I first played this but you can actually get through the checkpoints at the start by standing in the teleporter and jumpcrouching. I forgot how many of them allowed me to go through.