It's almost painful

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dow, Aug 2, 2009.

1. elvins97

elvins97 Ancient

My whole school is like that. Even the boys sometimes talk about what combination of two/three shampoos they use.

2. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

I guess I'm a pretty girl from what Mr.Xavier is saying. If you haven't noticed, your first appearance is your first impression. And more than you know, you care about your appearance to. Do you walk around in some dirty shorts and a sweat soakened shirt? No, you don't because you care about your appearance.

Stop it.

3. Transhuman Plus

Transhuman Plus Ancient

I've dyed my hair before, but the amount of time and detail some people put into making themselves look "disenfranchised" and "un-conformist" defeats the purpose of being "disenfranchised" and "un-conformist".

The only good reasons I see for not wearing "dirty shorts and a sweat soakened shirt" is it would be unconfortable and unclean. I really could couldn't give a damn about how I look, much less people's opinions on how I look.

Emo: I don't care about life, but I care about how I dress and how I look. There's nothing wrong with that at all...

#43 Transhuman Plus, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. V

V Ancient

Honestly the whole 'emo' stereotype is quite whimsical to me. I don't understand why anyone would wanna hate life so much, I mean, yeah we all go through tough spots, some more than others, but suck it up and move on. You're not misunderstood, you just want attention, or you're hypocritical, but thats another story.
    And to the people who think screamo and dark clothes make you emo, you're just freakin ignorant **cough** vincehax **cough** Emo is a term used to describe the dark mindset that these kids possess; not their taste in music, fashion, etc. Hell I like a lot of post hardcore/deathcore/"screamo" bands out there, then again, I just love music in general and will listen to about ANYTHING and enjoy it but I digress. And if you take pride in your appearance enough to use like three shampoos or you like dying your hair, that doesn't make you 'emo'; that's just simple personal taste and there really isn't anything wrong with that at all?
    Kinda repeated what a few people said but meh, just my two cents.

5. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

It's not about hating life as it is not finding a point to life.

6. V

V Ancient

Orly?
    Isn't that kinda a common problem then? I mean, at some point don't we all kinda struggle to find out what our purpose is and what we should be doing withourselves? ****, am I emo then I because sometimes sit awake at night on the edge of my bed and just think about my life, other people's lives, and just life in general and all that jazz and wonder what's on the other side (after we die) and what we're all doing here and what it'll lead up to?

7. Dow

Dow Ancient

Alright I am just going to say this right now. For MOST people it is just a style. I will admit, that "scene" is just a made up word to avoid people saying you cut yourself... however:

Emo means emotional, nothing more than that. Like... being a sensitive person

Cutting yourself is suicidal, not emo.

8. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Yes. You are secretly emo.

9. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

Emotional also means emotionally unstable. Therefore, one of the most common reasons teens commit suicide is depression.
    Depression is a symptom of being emotionally unstable.
    This is why "emo's" are portrayed as being suicidal.

#49 jpitty, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  10. The God of Grunge

Banned

Let's grow our hair out, wear cardigans, and listen to the Screaming Trees?

11. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

And you stil won't be considered emo.

12. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

You forgot to put on your little sisters jeans.

13. The God of Grunge

Banned

I'm not talking about emo kids now, I'm talking about Grungers.

14. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

Who da **** says "scene kid". Sure scene girl is fine (just like slowpoke), but scene kid? I heard my sister say that one time and I yelled at her lol.

15. RAWR IAM REPTAR

RAWR IAM REPTAR Ancient

just cause your emo dosent mean you cut your wrists

16. Kidbomber

Kidbomber Ancient

I could careless about others first impressions and what not on me, same with appearance.

Thats usually why i walk about town only in Tripp pants and not shirt with destroyed black shoes on :p