Isotope

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by cyewcic, Apr 14, 2011.

1. cyewcic

cyewcic Forerunner

This is my second map post. Lots of places to explore! Bridge has two levels to it. I went through the painstaking effort of surrounding 2 scorpions with walls so they look like beefed up turrets. Download and enjoy! Comments welcome :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SquidMan33

SquidMan33 Forerunner

Nice, Looks like a bit of a version of Narrows, was that your intention? But the bridge looks good. The bases a Little plain but thats fine. Also I think its good that you place the "Turrets" far enough away.

3. raptororieon

raptororieon Forerunner

i agree with squidman the bridge looks nice but the other small bases doesn't look very well :S

4. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

This map is good, with lots of potential, but has some real room for improvement in places.

For a start, I personally think you should scale back the max number of players that this map can take, to about 10/12, by removing all of the bases you have ditted around the map, along with the two scorpian turrets (which I really like, but they just look out of place on a map that will be competitive.

The bridge is a really good start and with some improvement it could be even better. At the moment it's just very jumbled up and messy, with too much going on. I would recommend smothing out the walkways a bit and removing some of the scenery that are cluttering up the very narrow walkways. Next, to improve it, I would suggest adding in more pathways around the bridge, not just the two above and below. This can add some more tactical thinking when playing as if you scale back the overall size of the map, it will cause players to have to think on their feet a bit more. Maybe add some bridge pieces to link up those Brace Tunnels you are using.

You could maybe add a small base at each end of the bridge, with multiple exits to allow the map to flow a bit better, rather than the two or three that are spread out over the landscape. How about making the bridge a bit wider to allow the players more room to move about?

Overall, an OK map with some amazing potential in it.

♥ Sky

5. cyewcic

cyewcic Forerunner

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll put some of those ideas into it and post an updated version soon

6. Thom Barbarossa

Thom Barbarossa Ancient

I think that its an amazing idea making a map with a bridge across the middle and your ascetics look pritty sweet, but i see a couple issues that i would like to share so nothing ruins it. First the bases at the end of the bridge look like they would be camped a lot, the tank is a definite no(ive tryed it myself and its just overpowered), and the upper bridge looks kinda cramped. I dont like pointing out things cause i dont think there good your openion may be different, if you havent tested it yet and want to prove me wrong feel free to send me a friend request. Keep forging.

7. monis 93

monis 93 Forerunner

The tank turrents was a great idea. Love the multi levels of the bridge and the cover. Also agreeing with raptorian and squidman that the bases could have a little more cover/buildings. Fantastic map though!

8. cyewcic

cyewcic Forerunner

I just did an update to it. Added more paths across the bridge. Download it again when you've got the time to see the improvements