Isolated

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by evan12075, Jun 11, 2008.

1. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

ISOLATED

For about a month now i have been planning, forging, reforging, getting mad because i forgot to save, and testing testing testing. But now i believe that this map is good enough to be completely public now.

The "back story" behind Isolation.
    This city was once one of the bigger cities here on Earth, but their modern day world soon became the past and the city began to ripple. now its a ghost town and structures are beginning to deteriate.

[​IMG]

Isolated is not your normal map, one of the main features that makes it completely unique is the destructible tower.

[​IMG]

here you can see parts of the tower raining down on my helpless playtester.

[​IMG]

and he's got even more trouble waiting for him...

Here are a couple of pics to show you the layout of the map.

[​IMG]
    A structure (this is used as a base in one bomb/one flag.)

[​IMG]
    Sniper window

[​IMG]
    this became known as the catwalk. it leads to the tower where you can then jump on to the destructable tower.

[​IMG]
    these became known as the sniper towers and/or pillars.

[​IMG]
    also part of the pillars.

[​IMG]
    one of the 2 spawn tunnels. (one on each side of the destructable tower.)

[​IMG]
    Mongoose hill

[​IMG]
    side base to the big base

Now that you kinda have a feel of the layout, take a look at some action pics.

Shotty snipers gameplay pics-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CTF pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOTE: Most of these pics were taken during playtests before the final version (this) so some of the stuff you see in the pics may have been slightly tweaked.

OK well thats enough pictures.

Gametypes supported
    -slayer of course
    -KOTH
    -CTF (multi flag, and one flag)
    -Assualt (Assualt, Neutral, One Bomb.)
    -Oddball

Infection is supported but is much better on the infection version of the map i made that i will be posting later.

SUGGESTED (Super fun) gametypes
    -Team Slayer
    -Team BRs
    -Team Snipers
    -Shotty Snipers
    -Large FFA
    -Team King
    -Crazy King
    -Multi Flag
    -One Bomb

i may make an adjustment to the map replacing oddball with a different gametype as oddball proved to be stupid during playtests.

AND sorry that not all gametypes are supported but it just wasnt possible to make the map support all of them due to the fact that i reached object limit.

please post your feedback, thoughts, suggestions, anything but spam here.

And here's the link if you missed it at the top

DOWNLOAD

2. Kill3rKlown

Kill3rKlown Ancient

wow, this map looks like a really fun party game with friends. you made a map with much time spent on it and it looks perfect in the slightest detail. gj. you got a dl on my part.

3. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

i am amazed.........this looks intense, and i bet it would play pretty well, but im gettin close to the dl limit, so if i do download something, this is at the top of the list

4. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

this looks really great. love the interlocking and merging done here. the destructible tower is pretty cool as well. good job

5. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

this looks pretty good, job well done.

6. raging_jordan

raging_jordan Ancient

this map is Teh Fresh. Completely original. I love the destructible tower.

7. Jester

Jester Ancient

I think the destructible tower is neat, but I can't help but wonder for what purpose it functions. Is it simply a hazard, or are there weapons or something on top of or beneath it that make it worth holding?

8. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

It is only on maps that I like that I point out flaws blatantly. I say that only so you'll know that I adore this. The use of Fence Walls is brilliant, the geo-merging is excellent, and the destructible tower is something completely new to me.

That being said, allow me to disect.

It appears as if the map, as a whole, is...poorly shaped. You have so many awesome elements put into it, but it seems like all these ideas are stuck there as "just cool things," and not "this will really help the map's gameplay/etc." Hopefully you see where I'm going with this, and mind you, this is solely from the pictures.

I've downloaded, and I hope that I am incredibly wrong. A few of your pictures just led me to believe my previously stated rant. However, you get a 4.5/5 for pure genius in structure. I'll definitely look forward to playing it.

9. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Asthetics awesome, gameplay,looks awesome, pics are great for showcasing it. this is a great post

10. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

I have to agree with Sharp here, it's a great map, and a great post.
    I love the destructible tower idea, but I do have to point out, it's been done before, so it's not unique, but I think you have done it the best so far.

11. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

very nice merging, i like the curved shape for the base, and ctf looks really fun, great job

12. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

Time for a massive reply session!

Thanks man, everybody i showed it too liked it so far.

thanks, I like being at the top of lists

thanks, although i will admit some parts were a wee bit crooked

congrats you had the shortest post. thanks anyway tho

sweeeeet. thanks for telling me my map is teh freshhhhhhhh

yay my first question to answer. anyway there is a beam rifle on top that would make the tower serve as a snipe spot. from that sniping spot you can take down flag carriers, protect the hill, take down bomb carriers, or just snipe peoples heads off, but beware because it is also pretty open. oh ya and theres also a shotty under the down between all the pillars, but dont worry i didnt exceed 4 power weapons (exactly at 4) which is good for a bigger map.

yes thank you another great reply. but during my playtests the gameplay did not let me down at all (except for a couple spawning issues but that was fixed, at least i hope it was fixed) every single thing i put in the map factored gameplay in a way. when some people that tested the map comment you might see their feedback of what they thought. But in my (biased) opinion, the map should definitely not ley you down.

thanks, i had to delete some pics tho... i never new FH had a screenshot limit...

it's been done before, really? send me a PM of the map, i would like to see. but thanks, its good to know that you think i did it the best.

thanks paulie, but hopefully CTF doesnt let you down, i thought it was a little too fast paced in playtests, but then again the teams were uneven...

thanks guys keep the feedback comin.

13. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

I'd really rather not search for it, or another one, but I will say that the 'H3 Foundation' featured map used destructible pillars, though that is a way lesser scale than what you've done. There is at least 1 other, but I'm not gonna search for it, again, good job on this map.

14. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

nice merging and interlocking. this map is definantly original. the 4th pic had me sold

15. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

oo oo replace oddball with territories- it would be GREAT for this map
    I love it
    Capture Out!

16. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

looks cool, and worth your time
    i like the destructable tower, but does it respawn?
    one more thing, if you do happen to get up there is there a reward or is the tower mainly for visual appealance

17. TicTock

TicTock Guest

Wow very well done for such a large forged map. I thought it would be too open but it surprisenling has enough cover to go to. Good job.

18. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I really love how the layout of this map looks, as well as your method of replying to comments in your own thread.
    I don't suggest saying that the destructible tower makes it completely unique, other maps have used this before, so its a bit... ignorant.
    Like the map though.

19. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

major props dude, very nice interlocking everywhere that slanted window type room/base with the fence walls is really nice. but some of the structures seem kinda awkward like they don't fit cuz theyre off to the side and seem like space fillers, but all in all really nice

20. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

allot of goood idea and the map looks original, its nicely interlocked but the only problem is the shortage of cover