Is the Needle Rifle better than the DMR?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TheUnseenForce, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Chan

Chan Forerunner

Needle rifles are better for long range because they bloom much slower, but the DMR is better for close range because the shots do more damage.

2. guiltyspark412

guiltyspark412 Forerunner

I personally prefer the Needle Rifle (one in a million, huh.) because its more satisfying for me to see my enemy blow in pink mist prematurely. Also I have a fancy for Coveneant tech :3

3. Really Caboose

Really Caboose Forerunner

Well, i think the DMR is better if you get a head shot with every shot (like this guy). But you just shoot as fast as you can in the enemies direction and hope your shots hit, then the needle rifle is better. I use a combo of both guns when i play.

I <3 them both:)

4. guiltyspark412

DMR Is for long distances, and I use the NR for shorter distances. The secret is to find a strategy that uses both of these amazing guns. Suchas: Bang off a few rounds in the DMR to lower peoples shield, then run in with a bet of support and needle them until until they make a fluffy purple cloud :)

5. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

DMR. Nuff said.

6. Wienermelon

Wienermelon Forerunner

DMR. For no reason other than I suck with a Needle Rifle. I still miss my good ol' carbine though.

7. guiltyspark412

Huh. I just played some Elite Skirmish (using the NR) on UnAnchored and didnt do too well. Is it because I sucked with the NR, or the fact that it was my first time playing ES and UnAnchored on matchmaking? (Noone ever plays Anchor 9!)

8. IH8YourGamerTag

IH8YourGamerTag Forerunner

same here, I LOVED the covenant carbine. Anytime I could trade it out for the BR, it was no contest, no second thought. CARBINE! The needle rifle is a decent replacement, but its not quite as satisfying as that laserblast-like sound the carbine made. The slow needle shot just sounds weak even if it isn't actually so.