Is Bungie good at the Forge?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Dragoncoals, May 28, 2008.

1. Dragoncoals

Dragoncoals Ancient
    Banned Senior Member

Though Bungie invented the Forge, are they actually good at it? For example, Bungie's variation of Foundry took up the whole room, they didn't build some mass-strange structure in the middle of the map and close off the other sections of the maps with double boxes and walls, which I think was a better choice for them. However, if Bungie were to select one person to make a new default varient of Foundry that used up the whole map, would it be difficult for that person to improve the map's complexity, layout, and how many people enjoy it?

xXSuperoXx likes this.
  2. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

Bungie fails at forge.None of those map designers play forge so basically the only ones who do are teh noob.But yeah if someone from here could make a new map altogether and any forge item they want then bungie would get epic winsauce and more people from COD4

3. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

People are too keen to criticise the default layout I think. Its not very exciting but it functions well.

Whoever designed the default layout couldn't use any advanced techniques, couldn't go over the budget, had to use the whole map, had to incorporate every gametype and please every type of player. There isn't much room for improvement in my opinion when you stay within these limits.

4. Matty

Matty Ancient

People forget how difficult it is to make a map that accomidates all gametypes.

I am not a great fan of the default Foundry however. All of that space is ruined by bulky shapes that serve little purpose.

5. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

If you've seen the earlier Bungie-made maps like Death Pit, then you'll understand.

6. Pirates

Pirates Ancient

when it comes to anything besides actually making the game, bungie sucks at halo,

but recently, Rusty Eagle found interlocking on default foundry, that one wall corner, so thats a start.

Actually it was Shock and Sarge, but no matter...

7. myonlydetriment

myonlydetriment Ancient

The map can't be an original, interlocked map complete with the unlimited budget glitch and floating objects. It has to be designed from the start, with barely anything from Forging 101 used. And, it can't be designed for specific gametypes, but for all of them. So I'd say they are, what with all of the things they have to account for.

8. Kuwanjahbee

Kuwanjahbee Ancient

Agreed. Bungie makes a pretty decent forge map with weapon placement, spawn placement, equipment. All in all they aren't doing a bad job.

9. Legacy of Wars

Legacy of Wars Ancient

i personally think they arent the best out there my 1 year old sister could do better i think... But when playin living dead playlist all there maps sucked exept for the Huanted Manor wich i would be suprised if they even made it.

10. faceplanter7774

faceplanter7774 Ancient

its not that they suck at forging, they just try to make things simple

11. Kuwanjahbee

Kuwanjahbee Ancient

true, but then again i dont think they had thought forge would be this big. I think it was only going to be used to maybe block off some thing, or put in new weapons and flag points and stuff. so instead of simple "forging" they focused on map making.

12. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

Wait Mallet, why are you assuming that bungie couldn't use advance forging techniques. They clearly state in the map variant section of the files forum that they permit and do not look down upon interlocking and merging.

I am confused

13. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

Its a glitch not an actual technique.

14. PureCallum

PureCallum Ancient

people only discovered the interlocking and other glitches after bungie first made and released the map.

15. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Well the map Miles for Urban Freeflow was pretty skillful to make

16. David 118

David 118 Ancient

they havent really got the time i guess to mess on forge making new maps and new games at least i hope they dont or the game industry is just way to easy!:D

17. Chong

Chong Ancient

the reason they aren't amazing at forge is becuase they don;t have to be, I mean they can just make any map that they really want to, so why forge when they would have to deal with interlocking, going over the budget, and lack of a 90 degree snap feature opposed to taking half the time and making the same map, except it would look better on the computer.

18. Tristan28

Tristan28 Ancient

Bungie is horrible at forging. Have you seen the infection maps.

19. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Have you seen the infection GAMETYPE!?

Zombies with shields,pah.
    Bungie doesnt need to be good at forge.
    Its like obsessing over being good at archery when your a crack shot with a gun.
    Map making program>forge.

Pie>cake

20. wallstreet

wallstreet Ancient

there okay, i have a friend who remade foundry, much better