Irritation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by The Punisher, Jan 18, 2009.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Ancient

Irritation
    By PUNISH 95

->Download Map<-

Description:
    An asymmetrical map with a lot more merging than my first, EXpholosophus. Obviously, it's hard to think of a decent name for a map, for me anyway, so I randomly came up with Irritation.
    When creating Irritation, I took note of what people said on Expholosophus, don't have power weapons by Overshields, do more merging etc, so I did that, to the best of my ability. One thing that was liked by people was the 'Sword In A Crane'. I have re-done this but changed it. I have replaced the sword with a sniper rifle and used floating platforms to allow players to jump up and take, although doing so will put you in a more vunerable place. A sword is on the map at a half-way point, making the players fight over the sword, just like they would for Rockets on The Pit. I have added a bit more scenery to this too, I used Fusion Coils to help players eliminate such eneimes around corners. A merged bunker (my first one too) has a pair of fusion coils in there, again, making another risk of life. I may have overcrowded it with equipment, but it does somehow build up the map. Power Drains, for example, can be very crucial at times in Irritation. Throwing these round the corner and moving to the side can easily eliminate enemies.
    Another thing I have done with Irritation, is put an offensive vehicle in it, the Ghost. Unlike Expholosophus, which was very close-quartered, Irritation is open and close at the same time. I wanted to keep Irritation covered up whilst providing the Ghost some space to move about in. The Ghost however, does have weaknesses in Irritation. If a player can draw the Ghost out into a close space, the player shall succeed.

Overall opinion
    I think Irritation can offer good gameplay but have a few downsides. Irritation, for me, is quite a nice map. With the cover and open space, it makes it a map that changes your decisions depending on where you are.
    I rate this 8/10.

[​IMG]
    Overview

[​IMG]
    Sniper

[​IMG]
    Bridge

[​IMG]
    Overshield and Bunker

[​IMG]
    Room

[​IMG]
    Back Corridor

[​IMG]
    Corridor

[​IMG]
    Spawn 1

[​IMG]
    Spawn 2

[​IMG]
    Center Bird's Eye View

[​IMG]
    Teleporter Truck

[​IMG]
    Sniper Platform

Feel free to suggest any ideas, what was good and what to improve. Thanks for reading!

2. Handl3 this fo0l

wow. pretty good map!

from the looks of it (pictures provided) i give it a 7/10.

i WOULD give more, but it just has a feel that its sort of...unfinished
    gameplay is good, the open spaces make for some good combat, and the close quarters make for some surprising kills :) lol

overall i give a 6.5/10 though :)

3. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Nice

This maps looks very interesting, I love the sniper platform with the truck teleporter, you should redo it with the help of somebody just to clean it up and it will be very nice

3.5/5

4. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

This looks fun, kinda messy, only some small flaws i noticed in the pics,
    I think the game play would be pretty fun but i can't DL right now cuz Xbox is missing...
    3/5 :)

5. Toofgib

Toofgib Ancient

Very Nice

I just got done play this map and it is alot better than the pictures show. The floating hole where the sniper goes is very creative, and the bridge that goes over the top of the map is crazy for sniping on. Just clean up the merging and stuff.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Ancient

I can see what you mean. I don't seem to add much elevation to my maps. Adding more levels of elevation can make the map alot more interesting.

It does appear quite messy. Alot of the time I concentrate on creating the map with it's features first and can forget the merging after. If I do create another map, I will merge whatever is possible.

It is fun to play on at times and it can offer good gameplay at times. Although, there can be many improvments for this map, especially merging. Thanks about your opinion.

Great comments guys. Thanks for saying what needs to be improved and what was good, keep 'em coming!

7. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Im going to be onnest but the map layout is cool but theres thing i dont really like,Like how you have the boxes,you should of turned them over to make you map look way cleaner,besides that its pretty good,4/5