irritating problem on sandbox

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by htownb4lla, Apr 16, 2009.

1. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Ancient

Hello all, I've come across are really frustrating problem on sandbox while trying to finish my first map on box.

Things appear in place and ready to go while in forge, however while dropping into custom games to test things out I am noticing that a piece of the map goes missing.

I load up forge and its in the right spot.

The piece in question is a ramp, large. I've looked at the summary and its selected to be there in both types of maps (symetrical/asymetrical), Its set to be there at the start of the map. I went into further review of the object and looked at the detailed summary. Its ramp #28 outta 30 total placeable ramps. The runtime max was set at 28 after I placed it. I tried bumping the runtime max to 30 to see if that would help but still no solution.

Its dissappearing in all game types and im really kinda stumped at the moment. I would pretty much be done with the map if this was not occuring. I've searched the forums and the only solution I came across was bumping the runtime up to 1 more than the items on the map, again that didnt work.

Any thoughts, or solutions on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. spartin2000

spartin2000 Ancient

Okay first of all here is what you do make sure that the place at start is at yes but if it is on no it will not be there in custom games and that cause the instant spawn doesn't work for custom games so go to forge check all the ramps and if its on no set it to yes then it should be there.

(run on sentence)

3. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Ancient

Yeah, I've checked and rechecked. Its set to spawn at the start. I've also noticed that when I first start the game in forge and spawn that the ramp is in place, however it is not selectable. After starting a new round it becomes selectable and I can manipulate it again.

This happens every time I load into the map freshly.

4. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

try deleting it and placing another in its place.

5. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Ancient

I think the problem seems to be fixed. I had to delete the ramp several times, like there was more than one ramp in the same spot set to spawn later on. Kinda wierd, but none the less solved for the moment.

6. Flingtoe

Flingtoe Ancient

If that doesn't work, try setting the runtime minimum on large rams to match the number on the map. That should force it to spawn when the game starts.