Pre-DLC iRoNy's 1v1

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Oo iRoNy oO, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

[​IMG]
    iRoNy's 1v1
    By Oo iRoNy oO (o reily? o_O)

MLG Guardian v6. Difference is that it's meant for 1v1's. Also allows friends to spectate. (1-5 spectators recommended)

Recommended Gametype:
    -girly 1v1, for That KiD Beto's custom 1v1 MLG settings.
    -Conflict, the official - Forge Hub - 1v1 Conflict Gametype.

Recommended Players:
    -2 actually 1v1-ing
    -Up to 5 spectating for best results.

Weapons on Map:
    -Battle Rifle x10
    -Sniper Rifle x2
    -Covenant Carbine x2
    -Frag Grenade x4
    -Plasma Grenade x8

A while back my friend Riff Raffv2 and I were warming up so we can head out to matchmaking. We loaded up Guardian v6 and we made one Golden Rule, to not grab Camo. Unfortunately, due to the size of the camo ledge, and the heat of intense BR battles, it was impossible to last the whole game with out grabbing it. Then, some of our friends started joining because they wanted to "spectate". I knew for a fact that my friend and I weren't going to be able to continue our 1v1, because everybody in the game would be jumping about the whole map. I got aggravated, so I left the game and quickly came up with a primitive version of the "map". What I had in mind was to allow other people to spectate, and to replace Camo with some other weapon, such as the sniper rifle. I didn't like it one bit, but after many changes I present to you, my MLG Guardian 1v1.

Now I know some of you may think that this didn't really require much work to complete, and I'll admit that. But my friends and I seem to like it, and that's good enough, right? Wrong. I also want to share it with those who like a little 1v1 from time to time.

Picture Time!​

Here are the two teleporters that give you access to the spectating platforms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the sniper rifle that replaces active camouflage.
    [​IMG]

Here are the pictures of the "spactating system".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some more shots..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, I know this map wasn't really changed much, and that it wasn't really forged. But I like and my friends like it, and I just wanted to share the community. I want to make this map as good as possible, so please, give me constructive criticism.

2. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

Yeah it is but if the number of spectators surpasses 5, it gets too crammed and everyone starts complaining. But yeah it's possible.

3. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

I think this should be in the MLG section considering that's what it is made for. It looks like MLG too no cover only headshot weapons. No Ar's in sight or even SMGs :'( Anywho gameplay wise seems good especially like the spectator part.

4. blassin

blassin Ancient

Stick of Butter,

I don't think you grasp the concept of what this map does. So I will do my best in helping you.

First, it removes the active camo, making both players never invisible. Adding balance to the map. Second it places a sniper where camo was previously to help out the player that spawns at shotgun elbow. Which also adds balance. Third, the addition of "Spectator Platforms" are for other players to watch the game and the carnage that ensues. Not part of some silly mini-game that might use them for some type of buffoonery.

However, there is one thing that leaves this map un-balanced. The amount of ammo in each of the sniper rifles. Without actually playing this map I have no way of telling if this is true or not, but i hope I don't end up looking like a jack-ass. The sniper rifle at S3 spawns with two extra clips of ammo and I'm guessing the one the camo does as well. So, once one person is killed and the other player(if he's smart) goes and retrieves the left over ammo from the sniper, he could possibly have four extra clips of ammo. Allowing the person who has the sniper to control the map. Making Halo 3 not fun. :(

Thanks for reading :D

5. ThatKiDBeto

ThatKiDBeto Forerunner

The thing about spectators at green though is that they force the opposing to player to always spawn in blue or at bottom gold :|

6. Oo iRoNy oO

Oo iRoNy oO Ancient

Obviously someone doesn't read the write-ups. I clearly said:

You just basically re-stated what I said. Not to sound like a douche or anything, but obviously the map has no advanced forging whatsoever. Anyone on this website could have figured that out. I just wanted to share this map so people can play on it whenever they have 1v1 tourneys or stuff like that. If you want to see a decent map that I actually took time to make, click here to look at my map Ironyte (although I think you saw it already). I made Irony's 1v1 just for S&Gs, but actually ended up using it. Again, I don't want to go off sounding like a douche, but I was clearly stated that it wasn't really forged on.

#6 Oo iRoNy oO, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010