Ironhold

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by stin10, Jul 15, 2008.

?

how would you rank map, 1 being bad, 5 being good

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 3

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. stin10

stin10 Ancient

this is my new map, ironhold, a lot of people complaned about bad interlocking on my last map so i have a new, cleanly interlocked one.
    its setup for ctf and is fastpaced with no camping. its meant for 1v1 or 2v2.

story: During the human, covenant war, certain prisons were relieved of all inmates so the unsc would have more soldiers. some prisoners refused to go and were left locked in the prison because they were considered, unstable. eventually the remaining inmates of one prison broke into the weapons room and, you know what happens when you give a freak a gun. soon, they were running low on food in the cafeteria and 2 seperate factions fought for scraps, so became, IRONHOLD.

an overview of the map.
    [​IMG]

another overview
    [​IMG]

one of the bases, i don't have a pic for the other one becasue they're identical
    [​IMG]

some ones camping in the needler room with shottie, just attack from above.
    [​IMG]

a pic of the middle
    [​IMG]

the window panels and a and b signs used to not be there, but i think its better with them, theres a shottie in the middle, and a brute shot below that. also theres a radar jammer, which is very helpful when battling someone around the middle box.

heres the link to download the map, enjoy and rate

#1 stin10, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

looks pretty good but nowhere near amazing--sorry. looks too small and it's nothing special, sorry.

3. Rentless

Rentless Ancient

Looks a bit open, seems like it needs just a little more cover.

Not bad though, Could you give a more detailed description, like what all weapons are placed on the map, etc?

Or is it only just a shotty, brute shot, and a radar jammer?

4. stin10

stin10 Ancient

about the size, i forgot to mention its meant for 1v1 or 2v2 sry

5. Mr. Moustache

Mr. Moustache Ancient

It doesn't look great, but there are a few qualities I like, the mesh fence and the doorway are nice.

6. stin10

stin10 Ancient

and about the weapons, no theres more than just a shottie and brute shot, theres 2 brs at each base, 2 needlers behind the shield doors and grenades at the bases and in the open single boxes. know that think about it, that dosn't seem like a lot, but since its small, i think its ok

7. Rentless

Rentless Ancient

Thanks, now me and i'm sure other people have a better idea about the map.

8. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I think people are being too hard on your map. I think it looks well constructed, and while not especially visionary, it is good work. 4/5 -jelly

9. stin10

stin10 Ancient

thanks but i don't mind critism to much, as long as they put 3 or higher on the poll

10. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

You could expand the description a lot. I'd like to know what games I could try out on such a map.

11. Distractedone

Distractedone Ancient

You clarified that it's 1v1 and 2v2, but it still looks really small. I like the fence walls for floors, but the stairs look funny. I can has moar cover? plz.

12. Felshot

Felshot Ancient

It's special (reply for the first comment), but small. There is good interlocking, but it's really small, you can see the other side easily, so it's cramped and a good potential of spawn raping.

13. finklestein69

finklestein69 Ancient

what games are good for this?

14. stin10

stin10 Ancient

i already clarified camping and spawn killing are not a problem, you eather spawn in the room with the sheild door or at one of the bases, behind a wall

15. stin10

stin10 Ancient

slayer, team slayer, ctf

16. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

it might be fun for like 1v1, but not for anything big like team slayer. I like the merging though

17. The God of Grunge

Banned

it is rather bland, but It does look well made. 3/5

18. Winterburner

Winterburner Ancient

Not the best I've seen, but meh... Maybe the shotty is too close to brute shot so someone can has both of them, idk...

19. drak

drak Ancient

looks below average, and havig only CTF is bad...make it for slayer at least, and an FFA version could be good too 2/5 for me, cuz it makes me wanna do Mr. ROboto in the middle, with a disco ball, naked, and nobody wants that.....haha just playin around you need improivement on your work, and more work should go into the outer wall (not clean enough) and that should be all you gotta do...how much money you got left, how many objects can you place more, and what objects are already there (like wep list and stuff list) PM me with your answer

20. Bearcatdude

Bearcatdude Ancient

This map is kick ass. i hav played it. this is a very fun CTF and Slayer map. U should DL before making your comments. I give it a 4.