Iron Ocean

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Average Zombie, May 28, 2008.

1. Average Zombie

Average Zombie Ancient

Iron Ocean
    3 story layout, symmetrical
    All Game Types
    2-6 players​

Sup, I'm Zombie. I havn't posted before because, well, I feel you shouldn't critique other's work when you have none of your own for others to shoot down. So Here it is, my first map - Iron Ocean.

The layout of the map consists of 3 floors, each with at least 3 access points. The bottom floor has two ramps that lead to a hallway which touches the second floor, and from there, the middle floor accesses the top floor through two duel staircases leading to the top floor. On the top floor, one may fall back down a lift to the bottom floor or take the lift back up in the case that they are one the bottom floor. Chain fences block grenades and movement in certain locations but bullets may pass through freely. There are several "peep holes" that, if used, may help gain preemptive damage and prove beneficial in the long run.

Weapons - on map, seconds, extra clips, map maximum
    Shotgun - 1, 180, 1, 1
    Sentinel Beam - 1, 120, NA, 1
    Battle Rifle - 3, 10, 2, 3
    Carbine - 2, 10, 2, 2
    SMG - 2, 10, 2, 2
    Spiker - 2, 10, 2, 2
    Plasma Rifle - 1, 10, NA, 1

Frag G. - 4, 10, NA, 4
    Fire Bomb - 2, 20, NA, 2
    Plasma G. - 2, 10, NA, 2

Bubble Shield - 1, 90, NA, 1
    Radar Jammer - 1, 90, NA, 1

Recommended Game Types
    Slayer
    Capture the Flag
    Assault
    Territories

The map is designed so that most (if not all) game types will function and function well. Capture the flag, though it may appear awkward, is actually very balanced along with assault. Slayer is... well, it's slayer. Territories will spawn a flag on each floor in the "water" that teams strive to defend or take. In infection, humans will spawn on the middle floor while zombies will spawn on the top and bottom floors. For Juggernaut and V.I.P., both have one marker on each floor and odd ball will spawn a ball on each floor. The neutral bomb, if the game type is played, spawns on the top floor and is the same distance for to each goal for both teams.

Specifically for this map I made Multi Flag Dash and Multi Bomb Dash. Both have a 3 second spawn, a 5 point goal, a15 minute game timer (though it should be over way before that), and regular run speed for the carriers. Flag has touch return and bombs detonate after 5 seconds but may be disarmed in 3.

Screen Shots
    First Floor
    [​IMG]

Second Floor
    [​IMG]

Third Floor (fire bomb now is behind the wall)
    [​IMG]

Middle Hallway
    [​IMG]

Combat on the Third Floor Stairwell
    [​IMG]

First to Second Floor Ramp
    [​IMG]

I hope you guys enjoy my map and for those who missed the link in the title, click here for the map. Also, critique. I love to hear what you guys think. I hope you have as much fun with it as I had annoyance.​

2. LynnJynh9315

LynnJynh9315 Ancient

This looks pretty good. You said it is for 2-6 players? Have you played any 1v1 or 4player free-for-all?

I like the way you set up the sign at an angle sticking out if the wall.

3. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Thank you for your patience. Im sorry about the fiasco earlier, some users seem to lose their control, or the get the haxorz. From what Im seeing in these screenshots, your map looks quite excellent. Interlocking seems to be a huge deal on this forum, and you executed it without much error. Work like this will definitely get you very far here, and I can see you being one of the top forgers in the near future. I will get back to you after I have had my play tests and forge through on it. It looks very promising.

cheers

EDIT: Please make the download link a little more prominent.

4. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

wow. This is great. The interlocking looks pretty flawless. Pic 4, middle hallway. That is what truly caught my eye. The curved ceiling and flooring is a great aesthetic touch that really adds that extra something to the map. I'm also satisfied with the weapons. Not much overpowering weapons, though the shotgun might be powerful, but it seems balanced. Very nice map here. Great job :]

5. FreakyPenguin5

FreakyPenguin5 Ancient

looks very good and very nice post

6. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

looks great, interlocking looks clean, but it dose look a little bumpy in some areas

7. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

Your map is awsome! 5/5