Invisible wall?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Organite, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Organite

Organite Journalist

I was playing on a map not too long ago and I was hopping around and saw a fence that had several vehicles on the other side. I didn't think i was supposed to get over the fence but I found a structure that would help me, however, upon thinking I had effortlessly broken the map I was blocked by a wall that simply wasn't there. I looked around for anything that might have caught my head or held me back but saw nothing. I tried many times again and was stopped like a dog and his invisible fence. There was plenty of room in between the fences and the cieling, and there were no grav lifts or man cannons or anything... it was frustrating so I finally broke down and went into forge to get to the bottom of this. I tried to fly through this 'invisible wall' as the monitor and still couldn't proceed. Then, I deleted the fences beneath the 'wall' and was able to pass in the place where the invisible wall was. I looked at the settings of the fences and they were normal. I don't know. Anyone have any answers?

2. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Could you give a link to the map, and have you tried reproducing the effect?

3. Organite

Organite Journalist

yea. and the name of the map has eluded me. I had to get rid of it when I reached the 100 download limit. My deduction is modded content.

4. Orange

Orange Ancient

That's a mod, it is not possible without the use of mods to make one, it's a
    popular mod, get to know it, introduce yourself to it, you WILL see it around.

5. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I was tricked by a similar thing in my very early stages of halo, the guy said it was a glitch but it was just a mod. And what Orange said is true, it is a rather popular mod.

6. Blue Pariot

Blue Pariot Ancient

Is this in Foundry?
    Because sometimes boxes and such turn invisible when geomerging in the back hallway parts.

7. TheDom

TheDom Ancient

I've seen this before, it is indeed a mod.

8. mastersync23

mastersync23 Ancient

Oh, that CoD4 remake map? That's definitely modded.

9. JMJ405

JMJ405 Ancient

Are you sure it wasnt the pit? Lol, jk, but I seriously did think upon reading the beggining you were just some idiot playing on The Pit. Thats a mod, though. You should report the guy.

10. Shou75

Shou75 Ancient

hmm i think i know what your talking about but im not sure.
    because sounds like foundry to me(the fences where you use machine gun turret to get in.)

11. zds88

zds88 Ancient

Yeah its definitly a mod

12. TehRandomBoi

TehRandomBoi Ancient

If it's by Picceta, yea he modded two maps. He got infracted for botha nd reported on Bungie. He only did it cause he was out of resources. The shield door bridge was originally supposed to be a bridge, but he had no money or bridges. And then a Fence which is pretty easy to jump over, if you take out the inviso wall.

13. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Well, I know if you position an object correctly, it'll be invisible at a certain view.
    Such as a "double-box open" in the sky of Avalanche, a wall in the Foundry hallway, and a few others.
    People are so easy to jump to conclusions and say it's a mod, when there are other possibilities.

Also, JMJ405, report him? For what?
    If it's not in his file-share, he's fine.

(..and smart modders change the gamertag of the author)