Invasion: Vertigo

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by Jawbit, May 12, 2011.

1. Jawbit

Jawbit Forerunner

After a month of bulding, playtesting, and refining, I bring you the newest Invasion experience: Vertigo! With your help, I hope to make it even better.

Map Info
    Spartans spawn in the Coliseum, and shut down the Elite's satellites to start the second phase. An elevator and a gravity lift in the satellite activate to get the spartans to the bomb site. The bomb can be found in the Coliseum. After detonating the bomb, two paths to the Quarry open up, from which the spartans must extract the core. In the third phase, a vehicle teleporter opens up in the spartan's garage so that they may bring their warthogs into the fray. The core must be taken to the dangerous LZ covered in explosives to win the round.

Weapons
    DMR x2
    Frag Grenades x4
    Sniper Rifle x1
    Spartan Laser x1
    Needle Rifle x2
    Fuel Rod x1
    Plasma Launcher x1
    Focus Rifle x1

Vehicles
    Mongoose x2
    Warthog x1
    Gauss Warthog x1
    Falcon x1
    Ghost x2
    Revenant x2
    Banshee x1

Screenshots

OVERVIEW:
    [​IMG]

SPARTAN BASE:
    [​IMG]

PHASE 1 TERRITORIES:
    [​IMG]

PHASE 3 AND CORE:
    [​IMG]
    Please check it out, and leave feedback and criticism, I have spent a lot of time on this and wish to make it the best it can be.

Thanks for reading!

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Darn. How do I get an image to appear for the thumbnail? Apparently copying and pasting the URL to the image in my Bunge.net file share doesn't work.

#1 Jawbit, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

WARNING! YOUR POST IS NOT UP TO STANDARDS

your images need to be embedded: this means you need the IMG codes for the images in your post. need help? go here

a similar process is required for thumbnail images. this time, take the code called DIRECT URL. this can sometimes be misleading, as people thing the DIRECT means just the regular image address. HOWEVER, A THUMBNAIL IMAGE IS NOT REQUIRED AND WILL NOT RESULT IN A LOCK

also, be aware. failure to comply with these changes within the next 12 hours will result in the post being locked by a moderator

#2 Berb, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. broccollipie

broccollipie Forerunner

You right click the image and choose "copy image url" or "copy image location," then paste that in the thumbnail box. For better resolution, you can click "view high res" (under the image) to download it to your computer, then upload it to PhotoBucket or ImageShack, and then right click it, choose "copy image location" or "copy image url."
    When looking at your "album" on PhotoBucket, you can also mouseover the image, and an option to copy the direct link or IMG code will appear.

[​IMG]

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

(Dang, I just realised Berb posted the link to the guide.)

4. Jawbit

Jawbit Forerunner

Thanks, that was really helpful.