Invasion: Transmission

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by ringOFtones, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ringOFtones

ringOFtones Forerunner

Check out the updated version here

This is an invasion map. The backstory is that theres basicly an area on a halo installation that has lots of satelite dishes. They retrieve infromation from the other side of the halo ring. An important message was sent by the installation, and the covenant want to know what it is. The UNSC hold the area though. the covenant must push through to find the data core of the satelite uplinks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is the initial elite spawn

Tier 1: Satelite A
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Capture the satelite

[​IMG]
    Or the satelite's power source

[​IMG]

Tier 2: The bridge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Capture the underside control panel

[​IMG]
    Or the primary control panel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The underside

[​IMG]

Sorry, My tier 2 pictures didn't transfer, I'll get them uploaded when I can, but for now just dl and tell me what you think. Thanks.

#1 ringOFtones, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

OK, geometry-wise and concerning aesthetics...this map is nothing short of fantastic. LOVE those satellite dishes, man. And the bridge looks really nice, too! You've done a great job of making this feel like a real matchmaking map tossed out by Bungie...very realistic looking, hard to tell it's Forged in most places.

My only suggestion would be to post some of the ideas of gameplay and a list of weapons, maybe. For people who are at work or can't access their 360 immediately, you've got to hook them into downloading this map so they can actually try it, rather than just admire beautiful pictures! Talk about how the Covenant try to press through, where key choke points exist, how the Covenant achieve victory, etc. Also, give a comprehensive weapon list so people know they aren't loading up a map with 19 rockets, 8 snipers and infinite swords.

Lastly, why not get this moved to Competitive? It'll get a lot more views, and it seems like it's a fairly competitively built map. Just a suggestion, anyways. Overall, really gorgeous Forging and great creativity! Keep it up, yo, dawg! =D

3. Mabolsa Ritchie

Mabolsa Ritchie Forerunner

Love it, probably because its very similar to one im building now. The bridge area is very promising in forge world. Well done though looks good.

4. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

I just played it, and it's good, except for one HUGE flaw. The spawns. When the game begins, the Spartans spawn so far away from the territories that it's almost impossible to defend them. Plus, when you die, the only available spawn points put you so far away from the action that it takes around 30 seconds just to get back into battle. If it weren't for the horrific spawns, this map would be awesome. PLEASE fix this as soon as possible, cuz I REALLY want to play this map properly.