Invasion: Phase dependent kill zones

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by jvnane, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jvnane

jvnane Forerunner

I am building an invasion map and the first phase is kind of like griffball. Everyone has hammers and one team tries to plant a bomb while the other team defends. After this phase is complete I want everyone in the room to die (as if the bomb was massive enough to kill everyone) so they can then start using the new spawn point. I added a kill zone to the entire room that doesn't spawn till phase 2, however, nothing happens once phase 2 starts. My settings are all correct, so my only idea as to why it's not working is maybe the kill zones don't kill unless someone actually crosses the barrier... meaning, just being inside it does nothing if u never crossed the barrier. If anyone can confirm this or help that would be appreciated.

2. Neo Arkitect

Neo Arkitect Forerunner

try a soft kill zone?

3. jvnane

jvnane Forerunner

Doesn't work either. The only work around, if my assumption about the necessity to cross the barrier for your to die is correct, is to make tons of kill zones in the room so you can't walk 5 feet without crossing a barrier... but this is obviously a tedious task.

4. Onyx

Onyx Ancient

Maybe you could have the killzone on the floor, so when someone jumps, they leave the zone, but landing kills you.

5. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

Are you using the right sort of kill zone? I accidently used a kill boundry (or something) on my map and I totally screwed it up. Kill boundries are safe to be in because it turns everything outside into a kill zone.

6. jvnane

jvnane Forerunner

Nothing seems to work. I've even tried it with safe zones and there is no effect. I guess if it's not in phase 1, it's not in the game. This obviously needs to be fixed.

7. Spicy Forges

Spicy Forges Ancient

Safe Area kills everything outside. Kill Area kills everyone inside.

8. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

have you tryed messing around with labels?, like Inv_gates etc maybe something in there will work for you I haven't got around to testing it but on paper it looks like it would work.

9. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You need to label the kill boundary. I'm yet to look into the labels for invasion but, they're quite indepth, so it's possible you haven't labelled it correctly.
    You need to set a spawn sequence to the phase number (i.e. 2)
    You need to set the gametype specific option to = TRUE.
    You need to set the Spawn at start to = FALSE

10. jvnane

jvnane Forerunner

I got it! Instead of spawning labeling a kill zone INV_WEAPON and spawning it in phase 2, I make them start in a safe zone, give it the tag INV_GATE and make it dissapear after phase 1. This seems to work perfectly.