Invasion objectives

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Maztor, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

I haven't delved too deep into invasion or it's maps despite it being part of my favourite things from the beta.
    My map I am working on right now has a sorta of wall defending the base (think highground). I was wondering if you could mix objectives into one round.
    Have a hill needing to be captured on the far side of the wall to open the gate, AND have an optional bomb to place at the gate. Is this possible? If not, any suggestions for a 2nd objective?

2. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Nope. You cannot allocate 2 objective types per round in Invasion. I would just suggest have 2 control panels (as territories) to gate out the 'gate'

3. Maztor

Maztor Forerunner

ah, oh well. Thanks!

4. Oakly HiDef

Oakly HiDef RivalMass

Yeah sadly there is no way to have two different types of objectives in one round. Although you could try and make something similar by having some sort of "bomb location" that would work with a combination of mines/explosives/movable objects. The trick would be to have it so that when a player sets off the explosive in that area it would release/move objects otherwise blocking the attackers from accessing that area.

I wouldnt recommend this however since it will have a lot of issues.

Also welcome to invasion forging. This is not something undertaken lightly as there are a lot of nuances to it. Check out the HaloWheelmen's Invasion Conceptualization post as it is very informative.

Otherwise I would refer you to videos hosted by Ablesir Thomas and Yardbird92. They essentially have explained some of the wheelmen principles in their videos.

"Basic Invasion Mechanics" [HD] - Invasion Forge Tips & Tricks (THFE) - YouTube

"Invasion Labels" [HD] - Invasion Forge Tips & Tricks (THFE) - YouTube

"Getting Started" [HD] - Invasion Forge Tips & Tricks (THFE) - YouTube

5. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member