Invasion: Installation

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Wristies, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Wristies

Wristies Forerunner

Installation

Hey everyone, second map here on Forgehub, first Invasion map. Installation is quite small in relation to other Invasion maps; it's built on the Alaska part of Forge World. I chose to make it smaller in size to make faster paced, more contact games.As I'm new to Invasion, weapon and respawn point placements might not be ideal so if you have suggestions on how to improve them, I'm listening. There are few weapons on the map; DMR, Sniper Rifle and Shotgun. Any feedback is appreciated whether it be good or constructive.

Okay, the basic layout is the Covenant are attacking a Spartan owned laboratory in search of damaging intel.

[​IMG]

The Covenant spawn in their drop ship and have to make their way up the hill to claim either of the two territories. Full credit goes to Rian Ultima for the design of the drop ship, I merely moved it and changed some minor details on it.

[​IMG]

Spartans spawn in the middle of the map, being disturbed from their camp fire. There is a DMR leaning on the cover in front of them.

[​IMG]

The closest territory to grab is the large AA-gun. Hold and destroy it so Covenant backup can arrive. Elites need to hold it for 20 seconds.

[​IMG]

The other territory further away is the satellite dish. Hold and destroy it so the Spartans can't radio for help. Elites need to hold it for 20 seconds as well.

[​IMG]

Taking the man cannon behind boosts you inside the dish to grab the sniper rifle.

[​IMG]

Obviously, Spartans have to defend these areas until time runs out and backup arrives.

After capturing either territory, Elites make their way across the map to the heavily fortified laboratory.

[​IMG]

The entrance is at the back of the building.

[​IMG]

Both territories are inside on the first floor.

[​IMG]

Hold either for 20 seconds.

[​IMG]

Once Elites are successful, take the elevator onto the second level of the lab and grab the core.

[​IMG]

Now it's a mad dash for the Elites back to the drop ship.

[​IMG]

This is where the Spartans have a better chance.

[​IMG]

Please give the map a download, test it and leave feedback.

Thanks

#1 Wristies, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. JuiceBocksHero

JuiceBocksHero Forerunner

Great Map dude, Looks like loads of fun. You definitely have my download!