Invasion: Hogwarts

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by jakob hunter, Oct 3, 2010.

1. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

[​IMG]

I started work on this map as soon as I received my copy of halo reach, after many extensive testing sessions I finally give to you all my very first Halo Reach creation, I hope you all enjoy it.

One fine day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry a young wizard was gazing at the stars through his telescope at the schools astronomy tower, he noticed a strange star appear out of nowhere just out of earth’s atmosphere. The star seemed to be coming closer and close towards the large castle, until it was close enough for the young wizard to realize that it was not a star at all, but an alien drop ship falling from the sky. They drop ship crashed with a bang and its remains sat there on the floor of the forbidden forest that neighbored the castle. The student quickly ran and told the Hogwarts Headmaster, (professor Dumbledore) who then made a hasty call to the future.

For in his days as a wizard Albus Dumbledore would take secret vacations to the past and future, during his latest vacation he found himself in the middle of a war between a military force called the UNSC and an alien alliance known as the covenant.

Judging by the description the young wizard gave, the ship was in-fact a covenant phantom. “It must have come through my time portal” Dumbledore thought to himself. The call that the old wise headmaster gave was to no other than the UNSWC which was the future United Nations Space Wizard Command. They quickly sent down as many Spartans as possible (Spartan armor is really the work of goblins and has magical capabilities). Once the Spartans arrived the school was evacuated and special charms where put on the school so as to protect it from the foreign invaders.

` On his morning walk through the forest the Dark Lord Voldemort was thinking up knew ways to kill Harry Potter. As he walked he came across the ruins of what appeared to be a great muggle vehicle of some sort, however when he came closer to the crash site the Dark Lord found that it had somehow come from the future and belonged to a great evil force. He scavenged through the remains but could find nothing. Then he heard a noise that sounded almost like Voldewort wort wort. He turned and found himself face to face with a 9 foot alien creature, Before the Sanheili had time to attack Voldemort used the killing curse!

“Avada Kedavra” Voldemort yelled, but it had no affect on the Elites shields. He then thought to himself, “I can use this creature as one of my followers”. Soon Voldemort found out that the alien was not alone, but had others like him all surrounding the Dark Lord. Voldemort then used the Imperius curse on all of the Elites and made them his death eaters!

The next morning Voldemort had his alien death eaters attack the castle to retrieve a special artifact from the Gryffindor tower, but many charmed gates and Spartans stood in their way.

Who will win this epic battle? It is up to you to decide!

Voldemort will first have his Sangheili death eaters break the charms guarding the main gate. They will need to capture the bridge leading into the courtyard: [​IMG]

Courtyard: [​IMG]

Once and if they manage to break through the gate they will need to break the charms either in the great hall or the astronomy tower: Here
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    or here: [​IMG]

Once one of those charms are broken the death eaters will advance up the staircase to the Gryffindor tower and try and receive the artifact.

Here: [​IMG] [​IMG]

They will try and bring the artifact to an extraction point on top of a fallen boulder by the owlery:

Here: [​IMG]

We will be given some help from the UNSWC with a falcon that will come later in the battle: [​IMG]

However the death eaters will get the same kind of help in the form of a banshee later on as well on a landing pad outside of the game keeper’s (Hagrid) hut: [​IMG]

They will also use the Slytherin common room as a spawn area if they manage to capture the gate: [​IMG]

If you are defending the castle you will start the battle either in the entrance hall: [​IMG] Or the headmasters office: [​IMG]

If you are working for the Dark Lord as a death eater you will start the battle on the other side of the bridge in front of Hagrids hut: [​IMG]

For those of you who do not know what the castle looks like from above here is an overhead view: [​IMG]

A sniper rifl will spawn in the classroom across from the Headmasters office and in the Slytherine common room.

A Grenade launcher spawns in the courtyard.

A focus rifle and two needle rifles spawn by the elite spawn area along with a gravity hammer and concusion rifle.

A rocket spawns in the classroom and two DMRs spawn outside the headmasters office.

There is once easter egg on the map for anyone who has read the last book to find, it is really big and can be seen from the castle.

#1 jakob hunter, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  2. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Holy crap, I thought you were joking when you said you were going to make an invasion Hogwarts. But you did it, some how. All I can say is wow. This map is amazing. It is HUGE! Definitely feature worthy. This map is placed well and plays well. 10/10

3. Itz Grub

Itz Grub Forerunner

Why do your maps ALWAYS amaze me? You my friend, have some tight ideas. As always, I will know download. Nicely done.

4. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

OMG I read the whole Story and laughed so hard! Jezz, it was just too funny. I love this and I will be sure to test this out with friends tomorrow. It looks like a blast! You have great aesthetics and a story to support it. Good job!

5. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

Thanks, honestly i just came up with that story as i went along

6. Organite

Organite Journalist

Wow this is very impressive Yakob.

I saw a Hogwarts map before and double-taked when I saw your name under this one and it truly reflects.

Nicely done with the Invasion spin and the decent backstory as well.

many <3's

7. Scottash

Scottash Ancient

"There is once easter egg on the map for anyone who has read the last book to find, it is really big and can be seen from the castle."

Deathly Hallows Symbol (left of last pic)? :p This map looks pretty epic man, I'm loving the concept and aesthetics. How many people would you recommend for a game? 10?

8. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

Yes you were right on the dot with the easter egg, and the map plays the best with 10 but, I never did test it with more 12 might work.

9. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

thought i commented on this already....
    I don't think I need to say much besides this great!
    Im glad that you fixed some of the boundaries, now everyone can be a harrypotter ninja on the roofs! Very nice touch to invasion.
    good job hunterus lol

10. Rustsnowflake

Rustsnowflake Forerunner

I have two words for you, epic greatness, it looks great but it works only on one game type, but I still give it a ten out of ten.

11. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

Soggy, you comment on my post on xf, there are still some boundary issues, like for a tiny part of the upper class room you are considered out of bounds, I could not find the kill zone that did this however and wouldnt be able to without tearing apart the map, but it is no big deal and does not affect gameplay.

12. SpreadTanTheMan

SpreadTanTheMan Legendary

13. SpreadTanTheMan

SpreadTanTheMan Legendary

CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED MESSAGE ME WITH MAP