Invasion | Crashsite

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Berb, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berb

Berb Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Invasion | Crashsite

[br][/br]Hey guys what's up? I'm here to show off a new invasion map I'm working on. As you might have guessed, the map is called 'Crashsite'. Right now, the map is in early alpha testing stages and may still require structural changes. If said changes happen, I will update this post and it's pictures.[br][/br]
    Now the map involves a basic layout: 2 territory phases, then a core capture. Attackers (Spartans) must clear their crashsite by advancing up a beach and into a covenant-controlled forerunner facility. The facility is located in the cliffs and cave of forgeworld, making for a truly unique, campaign-like experience.
    [br][/br]

* Pictures updated *

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Berb, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Be sure to not waste any money on unnecessary decorative object, and especially on buildings, budget needs to be stretched in invasion. If you need any help, just message me, I'll test review or critique.

3. Dizzyman572

Dizzyman572 Forerunner

Nice map, that gaint building is possibly one of coolest structures I've seen in a Forge map yet. I can't wait to take a closer look of it when it's done. Good luck in the competition, however, I don't think you'll need it.

4. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Thankyou. What competition are you talking about though?

Sure thing, I'll keep you in mind when I make structural changes.

5. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I wanna test this again soon. Hopefully all those changes you made will pay off. The map certainly has potential. I'm interested to see whether or not you're gonna move the territories in phase 2.

6. Soul Slasher

Soul Slasher Forerunner

Oh boy... what a sexy crashed pelican. And the giant steel muscle... that turns me on...

Anywho, this is a lot of fun, but some things to it just aren't fun, as I told you in game. Some of the spawns (P3 Spartans) just force you to get the objective rather than using the previous part of the map. I think red fireteams for that phase need redone- I didn't see fireteams having a specific roles like support, long range etc. Invite me sometime and I'll discuss that with you.

7. Berb

Berb Forerunner

I'm definitely considering it. My main issue if finding a way to involve the previous areas of the map in phase 3. I have a cool idea right now and I might try and implement it after a couple more tests.

Yeah, it turns me on too...

I'll hit you up a soon as you get on and we can discuss

8. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Mmmm, that 22-degree arch. Who exactly helped with that again?

And the crates - can't forget the crates.

9. Naughty Badger

Naughty Badger Forerunner

The pelican/plane looks OK from a distance. I just hope it doesn't look like some gray **** up close.

10. pyro

pyro The Joker

It tends to be a problem in invasion maps that people mistake linear for long and narrow with lots of choke points. You might want to expand some up into the cliffs because from other maps I've played on that part of the beach, it can easily turn into a standoff because of how skinny it is.

11. xDTx Kaos

xDTx Kaos Forerunner

Wasn't the beginning of this AD Records map? And I thought someone else built the pelican. Oh well. It still looks pretty cool. And berb you definatley know what's going on in invasion. I've seen a few different versions of this and ADs version. Some of the buildings in the later phases looks like some of the structures you built in your version of ascendancy. Either way cool looking map.

12. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend

This is entirely Berb's. The rock area at the start was in AD's map, but Berb made it there too.

I hope the changes we made work, the core run should be much more interesting now. I think this has as much potential as any invasion map I have seen.

13. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Thankyou shoe I think so too. And no DT, the first phase of this is similar to the first phase of Seraph (which I built). This actually has completely different rocks and structures. Mind you, I did keep one group of rocks because I really liked them. And yes, the pelican was built by someone else, it was built by Soul Slasher.

14. Dizzyman572

Dizzyman572 Forerunner

I was referring to the $5000 budget competition, until I just realized that you were only promoting it in your signature. Don't worry about face palming, I've already did it to myself when I came to my senses. A Couple months sitting in a basement with no food or water tends to have some side affects on your brain.

15. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Lol. No there's no way I could try and pull this off under $5000

16. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

The main structure looks incredible, but the rocky beach area looks a little dull in comparison. I don't blame you though, I blame the rock palette. Have you considered either putting an outpost on the way to break up the rocks, or just cutting off some of the coastline by bringing the pelican in closer?

17. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

ive tested this so much from forging the mastepice to seeing it all be in one place but i still like this version more than the one that ended in hemmorage.

18. Berb

Berb Forerunner

I have updated the map structure and I will update the pictures soon. I have changed the arches and objective areas in phase 2 and most of the rocks have been changed or 'spruced up'

19. MockKnizzle008

MockKnizzle008 Ancient

Man, the rocks are my favorite part of this map! Berb is some kinda wizard with rocks.

But don't worry, there's plenty of little things to spruce up the beach, namely a couple epikk jumpzz and a flippin sweet crate that I placed.

20. Berb

Berb Forerunner

Yea the new rocks are better trust me Cyborg. And all those crates you placed are sexy Mock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.