Interrobang

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Debo37, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Lamposts

Lamposts Ancient

This map looks fun, does this map support territories or oddball because that would be a blast to play on 5/5!

2. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Q&A Time!

Nope. I'm not going to say it's impossible (Bungie thought finding the IWHBYD was impossible, the community did it in like five days), but jumping to Blackout with a grenade, Fuel Rod, whatever will result in your likely death. Just look at this picture of me trying to jump off for some scale of how far it really is:
    [​IMG]

It actually plays extremely well for team games, and there are several points you can hold that secure map control and make gameplay more tactical. However, FFA causes some problems. When setting the respawn areas during beta FFA playtests, some people were getting force-spawned back down on Blackout even though there aren't any spawns there. I then had to change the areas to a Symmetrical affiliation, so that respawn points wouldn't accumulate such high negative values. During all of my playtests, people never spawned on Blackout again, but a few spawns with 6 player FFA were a little close to other people for my liking.

Yep, this map supports all gametypes. However, I'd recommend Team Oddball over FFA Oddball solely because of the fact that FFAs with more than four people often result in cheap deaths due to the way the map is built. (will explain later)

3. Lamposts

Lamposts Ancient

That would be so fun in Team Oddball nice job, I will paly it sometime and tell you what I think. From the pictures it looks aweome!

4. Jester

Jester Ancient

This was very fun to play on. My only complaint is that there seems to be an over abundance of weapons. Also all of the short range dual wielder weapons are at one end of the map. The fusion rod gun seems a bit overpowered, but the spartan laser plays well.

5. Highimpact1

Highimpact1 Ancient

[​IMG]
    Debo I have got to congratulate you on getting this map done, and making it so perfectly. I know how long you've worked on this map, and I imagine it was nearly impossible to build this floating map with such... attention to detail.

However it's done, and it is definitely feature worthy material. Damn good job Debo.

6. mightymidget911

mightymidget911 Ancient

looks sweet! adding to my favorites till i can DL when i get my 360 back!

7. Muskrat01

Muskrat01 Ancient

I'm so glad you finaly finished it! It's such a great map...Sorry i didn't final play test it I was working on Divergence.

8. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

I've been waiting for somethign like this. someone to build a foundry esck map on blackout above or below it. Congrats. DL'd and rated/

sir. thank you.

9. Young Guse13

Young Guse13 Ancient

Great idea and very well made with each base
    Overall Great

10. Paliut1992

Paliut1992 Ancient

nice loks like an oil field any way it looks dark and evil good job?

11. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

this is very differant and very creativ, its nicely detailed and very well done, i can c u spent allot of time onit and its really paid good job

12. d3adly ninja

d3adly ninja Ancient

lots of screenshots, thats always good. looks very well made especially because it is in the air. i really like it and it being out of the map and all. 5/5

13. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Yeah, this is really cool. Love the layout, and great idea with the infection gametype. 6/5.

14. ActTehKiLL

ActTehKiLL Ancient

Looks great tehee looks like a bang i say good scenery placement 4/5 for this map

15. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Thanks for the support guys! I put around 50+ hours into the map, most of which was save-quit interlocking (don't try it if you don't have an object nearby that you can take your frustration out on) and testing. I've been testing the map since around May 20th, and working out the final kinks in it, especially spawning. However, I'm truly happy with it now, and I'm glad everyone has liked it and appreciated it!

16. RougeHelljumper

RougeHelljumper Ancient

There's definitely not a lot of Blackout maps. But I might check this out! =)

17. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

That was exactly what I thought when I started making it. :D

But that was back in the end of April, and even now there aren't very many (excluding Mallet's, of course). Thanks for the feedback!

18. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

how do you do it Debo? over 200 downloads in 18 hours?? btw how did you get out of Blackout, i wanna mess around in that area up there and see if i can do anything to my likings up there.

19. Debo37

Debo37 Ancient

Mad skillz and sexay mapz get me 200+ DLs in one day. xD
    And I got out of the elastic barrier with some complicated turret tricks I won't even begin to explain because I almost completely forgot what I did way back in April. But it was a skillful maneuver. Trust me. :p

20. Blaze

Blaze Sustain Designer
    Forge Critic Creative Force Senior Member

floating maps are hard.. i was goin to comment on this b4 but i guess i didnt get around to it till now.. anyway. the map looks pretty well made. good job.