Sandbox Internment

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by BORG k79, Mar 13, 2009.

1. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

INTERNMENT
    created by BORG k79

Hang Em High Remake. Tombstones that have been discovered here, are believed to be to final resting place of the Nephillim.

[​IMG]

This is my shot at recreating Hang Em High / Tombstone on Sandbox. I have seen a few other versions floating around but thought I would REcreate it in my own image. I have slightly altered certain sections of the map only to make it more playable as the Crypt is smaller in area than the two classic maps.

This map has been setup for Slayer gametypes and CTF Gametypes only. It also has Hills for K.O.T.H. and an Oddball starting point, but no starting spawn points as I ran up against the item limit barrier. However this map uses no budget glitch of any kind.
    Gaining the high ground can give you a slight advantage in this map however be careful when crossing the Upper Catwalks as they leave you exposed to almost every other combatant on the map.

EDIT: I updated the map I had originally posted as it had some spawning area issues. New version has been linked.

I battled with the idea of having either the Sword or the Over Shield as the main attraction of the Upper Catwalks. My friends suggested that I stick with a Power Up. The Sword on the other hand could be swapped in, as charging through the Tombstones with it drawn can make any enemy backtrack into their own grave.
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    This Base becomes the main focus point during 1 Flag CTF matches as it hosts the Defensive Flag on top of its corner structure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Window

Looking In
    The Mauler spawns inside the Window Room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue Base
    The Blue Base is the starting location of the Offense in both CTF and Team Slayer games. It was difficult to REcreate this Base exactly as it once was, in Forge. I have made it a little less complicated but it will still function as it did in the previous versions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brute Shot
    [​IMG]

Trechless
    Without the Trench present to create a quick escape for those crossing the maps central courtyard, I have placed the Bubble Shield with a 90 second respawn time dead center of the courtyard. The Sniper spawns every 180 seconds and can still be found on its perch on the Central Structure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rockets
    Respawning with only 1 clip every 150 seconds the Rockets can give you that quick edge you need to change the battle in your favour.
    [​IMG]

Weapons List
    x4 - Battle Rifle
    x4 - Covenant Carbine
    x2 - Brute Shot
    x2 - Spiker
    x4 - SMG
    x4 - Plasma Rifle
    x1 - Plasma Pistol
    x1 - Mauler
    x2 - Needler
    x1 - Rocket
    x1 - Sniper
    x2 - Shotgun
    x1 - Flame Thrower - Symmetrical Gametypes only

Equipment
    x1 - Bubble Shield
    x1 - Power Drainer
    x8 - Frag Grenades
    x10 - Plasma Grenades

Slide Show Walkthrough

I hope everyone who downloads this map enjoys it. Feel free to change it up in anyway you see fit. Just be careful what you delete as most of the objects that spawn on the main floor of Sandbox have been used in creating this map, and once deleted will only give you their money value not their object limit value. This map was original named Mausoleum until I was beaten to the punch by GRUBISH360.

Download this map. You will not be disappointed.
    Please Comment & Leave Feedback

Download Internment Here

For those of you without the Mythic Maps just yet, I have also made a Foundry Version of Hang Em High,
    called HANGER.
    It uses the Ultimate Budget Glitch.
    [​IMG]

HANGER Slide Show

Thanks Again.

#1 BORG k79, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Wow. It really does resemble hang em' high. I'd definitely play on this if I had the maps. :( The only problem I have is about the lift. If i were you, I'd make it so it wasnt just gravlifts, but it ensured that you went up in that direction.

3. CottonJJ

CottonJJ Ancient

Is that Parallelogram two wedges? I might have to try that some time. But anyway, Yeah I kinda like this map, just because it looks like it would be a nice FFA snipers map, my friends and I play that all the time. I might download. :D

4. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

You are correct sir. The Parallelograms that make up the Central Structure are two HUGE WEDGES merged together.

5. TheKeebobBobagawa

OMG, This map looks really good, nice job man. Based on the pictures, it aesthetically resembles Hang Em High very well.

6. pet

pet Ancient

add some lighting orbs.. the map looks barren and plain without them

7. Bixed

Bixed Ancient

Wow, this is great. From what I can tell, it looks very accurate, and probably plays identically to Hang Em High. A few things can be touched up on, but for now this is amazing. I'll give this a DL.

8. JamesButlin

JamesButlin Ancient

As said above, looks very accurate, you have gone through a lot of time and effort to make this and it definately shows! I'll give it a DL and see what i think :)
    4.5/5 on looks i'll have to explore it first to see if it plays as good as it looks

9. toasted kittuns

toasted kittuns Ancient

awesome map, just awesome. it resembles hang em high in almost every aspect and is pulled off very clean. hang em high was one of my favorite halo: ce maps. i appreciate the masses of people recreating older maps on sandbox. this is a great example of what forged remakes should be.

10. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

This looks pretty dang close :) The only things i can notice are the grav lift thingy, and the inside little room looks like it has a little bit of a different layout, but i don't think that this will affect gameplay at all. Very good remake, looking forward to more from you in the future :)

4.7/5

11. LIGHTSOUT225

after doing a forge-through, I think youve done a pretty decent job here. However, I felt compelled to share some of my more prominent qualms with it. Most notably, there are a few jumps that are present in your map that shouldn't be there.

For instance, in your map it is possible to jump out of the window in the red base tunnel. It wouldn't be too hard to fix.. just tightening some of those ledges up in that room.

Also, in your map it is possible to make the jump from the crane (sniper) back up to the catwalk. this, in my opinion, is a HUGE no-no. Having the sniper with that kind of position immediately is not good at all. Its one of the reasons why the sniper worked so well on hang em high/tombstone. It was deangerous to obtain, then daunting to get it back into a powerful position. Recreating this is a necessary part to a successdul tombstone remake. Im sure with some adjusting you can make that jump much more difficult (it was possible to make it back to the catwalk with a grenade jump in tombstone, so that would be acceptable her as well).

Other than that, the two top bases weren't quite as faithful as Id liked them to have been, but I realize you were fighting the budget quite a bit, so what you did with what you had is commendable.

I also feel that, with the Sniper and rockets both so close to the bubble, that perhaps the bubble wasn't the best choice for the trench adaptation. I think the less powerful regenerator would suit that spot better. Thats just my opinion though.

I think with some minor tweaks to some geometry this could be a VERY solid remake. Keep working at it and let me know if/when you update this please

12. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

While the map itself is AWESOME, details kick ass and its very playable. I just couldnt stop thinking about how dark the map is in certain areas. The middle and Blue tower is ok but the Red base is very gloomy. I suggest deleting a few unecessary items and adding a Blue orb and a Red orb. It would, in my opinion, be perfect!

Also I just went back into forge to test the window, and you can jump through it, easily fixable, as Lightsout said.

13. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

Aside from the absence of my beloved trench [which saved me many times], This map has a wonderful nostalgic feel to it. You did an excellent job remaking Hang Em' High and even though its not as big as the original, you made the crypt feel bigger than its supposed to. Great job, and I'd like to see more from you. :)

14. BORG k79

BORG k79 Ancient

Thanks for the feedback LIGHTSOUT. I have not been on the forums since shortly after I posted the map.

I am working on fixing the window issue that you pointed out as well as lowering the central structure. I still think the bubble shield serves its purpose and it has lead to many interesting conflicts in and around the tombstones.

Thanks again, and I will post a new updated version once I complete it.