Interlocking Objects

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Jan 1, 2008.

1. J0057

J0057 Ancient

Thanks for the tip, I'm glad I read this before I started making a mess of the maps I'm planning. (For the return of my disk)

One question though, APC hog?

2. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

3. Legacy

Legacy Ancient

Nice guide, although until I get a bit better at forge my maps will probably look horrible even if I use interlocking lol.

4. Blazen Nite

Blazen Nite Ancient

i've used this in about 3 maps now. it really helps in fitting things together. still working on implementing more creatively though

5. Soup & More

Soup & More Ancient

wow, thanks, this actually helps alot

6. Naylz C02

Naylz C02 Ancient

LR i believe is just a Large LR or SM for small maybe.. anyway this is vary useful you can also set the item to not spawn at the start and in 30 sec or whenever you set it 10-say 120 then it will spawn. so then just set for a new round and then if you place a wall down right where ur stairs are or were and u can tell by the lil floating blue thingy or just place objects around to map where it was then u place ur wall down and in 30 sec boom ur stairs will have a wall in them ... yes like melded together its awesome and can be use to create curves with walls without holes or curved bridges that are smoothe rides for race tracks or even a loop de loop on standoff. let me know if ur haveing trouble

7. SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC Ancient

Did the APC hog move with the items in it? also, are there any screenshots, cuz that sounds awesome.

8. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I've gotten so used to Ctrl+S at work that it's bled over to Halo. When I get to a point where I can tell the interlocking works, I save immediately.
    "Always record, always record!!" -the D

9. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

ive done this before with containers and they start jumping around and aren't smooth like there supposed to be... and also whats the APC hog? :squirrel_wtf: im not a noob for not knowing am i? :squirrel_rubberduck:

10. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

If you use the Last Resort containers they will bounce around because they are not locked into place like the objects on the new maps. If that happened when you were using the new objects then you did not place the second object before the other objects spawn, which will dramatically slow your framerate.

And there is a link to see the APC hog above, but basically its two barriers that are locked on a warthog. its not perfect, but if you drive carefully enough they wont fall off.

11. Ufochaser42

Ufochaser42 Ancient

I hope that the auto-update doesn't somehow screw up maps that use this glitch. In testing, they probably aren't trying to make sure all these glitches still work...

12. DeltaTwoFour

DeltaTwoFour Ancient

Does anyone know what happens if you use this and place a movable object merged with an immovable object? eg. merge a crate with a box.. does the crate move when hit with a hammer? does it dislodge from the box? does the box move too?

what happens if you spawn like 20 fusion coils inside a crate and then hit the crate with a hammer?

Watching a movie with the gf in like 2 mins or i'd test myself...

13. Kelble

Kelble Ancient

Does anyone have a video of this. I can't get it to work no matter what I do.  When you restart the round is it supposed to stay there, not being able to access it in any way?

14. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

When you restart the round the object should NOT be there. Then you place the second object where you want, and it will be able to overlap the original objects spawn point because there it nothing there to block it. then when the first object spawns again you can reset it back so it spawns at the beginning of the round.

And if you merge a movable object with a stationary object the movable one will just get tossed around.

15. showandprove io

showandprove io Ancient

neat im gonna have to check this out

16. MasterWizard

MasterWizard Ancient

I think I have observed something thats pretty funny. See, there's this guy on the MLGpro.com forums named SaLoT (Gamertag "SaLoT Fkn Sux" a.k.a. "TaLoS is BacK"), and he had stolen my map, changed it slightly, and claimed it as his own. He still denies it because he is a spineless liar, but what I find really amusing, is that he claims to be the one who first discovered the Interlocking glitch. Everyone on the MLGpro.com forums refers to the glitch as "SaLoT's Interlocking glitch". This guy is lower than low, I mean how can a person claim something like this? Man, the things people do to maintain their self esteem. So, whoever first discovered this glitch here on ForgeHub, did you learn it from SaLoT? Just wondering.

17. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

Nope, it just came to me when i tried making my sniper pit map. I didn't people you get stuck in the gaps between the boxes so I figured if I made them interlock then they wouldn't get stuck. I saw a post on Bungie.net that stated SaLoT found it and posted the link for the video. I assumed he MIGHT have found it on his own, and I didn't think it was a big deal because I don't care about the credit. But stealing your map pretty much proves he stole the interlocking technique. Its a shame some people dip that low, hopefully MLG will do the right thing about this.

18. Rusty Keyes

Rusty Keyes Ancient

While the interlocking glitch is really cool, it's just another of those "D'oh" things that look painstakingly obvious once you figure it out. It's not really something to bother claiming credit for. I've probably stumbled upon it several times before and just never put 2 and 2 together.

Anyway, I was having fun using this glitch when I tried to glitch one of the hallway doors in its starting position. When I restarted the round after setting it to a thirty-second spawn time, it was still there and immovable/un-deletable/un-tweakable. I want it gone and I cannot figure out what to do. I have tried restarting the map several times and I already saved after I bugged the door because I am stupid. Help por favor?

19. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Just spawn a new door anywhere on the map, press "X" twice when you've highlighted the new door and then change the runtime maximum to "+1", for example: If it says "Runtime maximum 4" then change it to 5.
    Rerstart the round and wait for 30 seconds. Now you should be able to delete the door you were having problems with aswell as the door you've just spawned.

20. Weediercola

Weediercola Ancient

This Did Help Me