Installation 04

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by ONESTAR, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ONESTAR

ONESTAR Ancient

Map Title: INSTALLATION 04
    With the discovery of the newly built Installation 04, UNSC troops were quick to establish their defences. 6-16 players

Download Map

Hello, I am a LONG time lurker, first time poster. This is my first map. Hopefully I followed all the guidelines and such for this post. Lemme know.
    Description:
    INSTALLATION 04 is not a complete overhaul of Avalanche, but has many changes to make it a much more competitive map.
    When playing Avalanche MultiCTF in matchmaking it seems to suffer from the problems of everyone just files down the shotgun tunnel.
    Hopefully my changes will combat that a bit, making a much more action packed map, while still being very balanced. I have changed and added the warps.
    The addition of a Turrent on the base, weapon changes, vehicle changes and item spawn time changes.
    The pictures I am posting will hopefully not give everything away, but I really love what
    I have come up with. Please give your comments and criticism. And now for the pictures.

[​IMG]
    Flag spawn and score location is now the same and much more defendable inside the base. But much easier to
    escape through the series of warps.

[​IMG]
    Change in the inviso location to motivate users to spread out on the map.

[​IMG]
    The warp from the base is now only one way as it was in xbox Halo CE

[​IMG]
    Brute hammer to help the mancannon jumpers combat warthogs.

[​IMG]
    The ghost has been changed with a mongoose. The middle mancannon has been blocked off, but not entirely
    as you will see in the next pictures.

[​IMG]
    Two way Warps next to the mancannons allow the only access to the middle mancannon.

[​IMG]
    Warp one

[​IMG]
    Warp two. Added cover for those who warp out on the high ground. Both sides connect and are armed with
    appropriate weapons to combat each other.

thats all I have to show for now. please download, rate and let me know what you think.

2. Fallen Flame

Fallen Flame Ancient

Looks good i like what you've done with avalanche, but won't it be too easy for people to steal the flag and get back? all they have to do is take the teleporter to the mancannons in the middle, go across take the teleplorter, take the flag and go back to middle mancannons.
    Also:
    Welcome to the Forums!

#2 Fallen Flame, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. Re Amplify

Re Amplify Ancient

Is this just stuff added to the normal Avalanche or is this it redone?

4. Fallen Flame

Fallen Flame Ancient

Looks like its basically avalache with some stuff added too it and some stuff taken out.

5. Re Amplify

Re Amplify Ancient

Alright, thats what I was thinking or else he would've taken more pictures.

6. ONESTAR

ONESTAR Ancient

it is enough changes to warrant me posting the map here, lol. There are more changes than just what I posted pictures of. I didn't want to give everything away, lol.

Well when they grab the flag and warp, they have the choice of jumping in the mancannon, which will kind of strand them in the middle unless the mongoose and a driver is there for them. Or after the first warp they can take the second one. Taking the second warp puts you at the middle man cannon that is locked off. flag carriers do not have the ability to just warp from base to base.

Basically the warps go like this
    Blue Base warp [one way >>>] Blue mancannon warp 1.
    (walk to next warp)
    Blue Man cannon warp 2 [<<<Two way >>>] Blue Middle Mancannon
    (walk to next warp)
    Red Middle Man Cannon [<<<Two way>>>] Red Man cannon warp 2
    (walk to next)
    Red Base warp [one way >>>] Red mancannon warp 1

if that makes much sense. read from the top to bottom, or if from red base, bottom to top. You can use the warps to get around with the flag, but you can just warp back into the base.

7. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

I like what you did with the map, I just think that it will be to easy to score. The teles and mancannons will get you there a lot faster. I think that you should take away the teles. What i also dont like is maps too open. Now Avalance has an excuse, but add more too it please.

8. ONESTAR

ONESTAR Ancient

Sadly, I wanted to add something extra to the maps, but Avalanche does not give you much to work with that is ascetically pleasing. Hell, even "Avalanche Heavy" looks like it was put together by a five year old with building blocks. They just gave us the wrong kind of items to use. I wanted to put the two extra warps kinda where those wraps/structures in "Avalanche Heavy" are, but I could not piece something together that seemed worth it. Thats for the comments though!

9. Undead Fanatic

Undead Fanatic Ancient

I think it is good that ONESTAR spread out that map a bit more except I would change the middle part so one side doesn't have a height advantage. Personally I would put a floating bridge of double in the cavern. Not from mancannon to mancannon but wall to wall.