Inimitable Brilliance

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Derk921, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Derk921

Derk921 Forerunner

Inimitable Brilliance is my latest map. It is a hybrid track containing both terrain and sky sections. It features a banked wave, an extremely consistent front flip, and a long jump. This map took me probably a little over 15 hours to create with maybe 4 of those hours being on the front flip, and 1 to 2 hours beings on the jump. There were so many factors I had to get on the front flip including the height, position, and angle of the grav lift and the block. The only negative of the front flip is that it does not work well when too many many go in it at a time. This map could be competitive but is meant for fun and entertainment. That's pretty much there is to say so enjoy these pictures!

Starting Gate:
    [​IMG]

Banked Wave:
    [​IMG]

Spiral Turn:
    [​IMG]

Hill and Turn:
    [​IMG]

Straight Away:
    [​IMG]

Front Flip:
    [​IMG]

Terrain Hill:
    [​IMG]

Long Jump:
    [​IMG]

Banked Turn:
    [​IMG]

Overview:
    [​IMG]

Overview 2:
    [​IMG]

I hope you download and enjoy Inimitable Brilliance, if you missed the download, DL here.

#1 Derk921, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. MCGreen24

MCGreen24 Forerunner

Im very suprised at how little attention this map has gotten for the epic slo-mo frontflip and how it flows through this part of forgeworld.
    Nice map

3. Drecker225

Drecker225 Forerunner

I really like the layout it is just a shame that it had to end in a teleporter.

IMO that kinda ruins the flow.

4. MCGreen24

MCGreen24 Forerunner

I was thinking the same thing, maybe just keep the jump going to the landing instead of flying up to the teleporter. To me it didnt really add any "spactacular sights", just a "woah".

5. Naughty Badger

Naughty Badger Forerunner

An awesome map, I loved the front flip and spiral turn! Although i warn noobs, you will not be able to beat this map.