Infinite Teleporter Loop

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Boots, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Boots

Boots Ancient

How do you make these? I have been trying for a little while to get it to work but can't. Any ideas?

2. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Spawn a Receiver Node on Channel Alpha.

Immediately below it, place a Sender Node on Channel Alpha.

Jump down into the Sender.

You'll fall through teleporters infinitely.

3. Hokets

Hokets Forerunner

You'll eventually go too fast for the first sender node to pick you up, so you have to place more underneath it as you pick up speed, and after a while you'll be moving very fast. There's a map called ACCELATRON VFW that utilizes this, and can launch vehicles all the way across forge world.

Anyway, once you reach a certain speed, you will stop accelerating, so you can have an infinite loop if you string enough teleporters together.

#3 Hokets, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  4. DavidJCobb

DavidJCobb Forerunner

Ah, yes, clipping. I didn't anticipate that that could be a problem.

If the additional Sender Nodes below the first Sender actually point to different Receiver Nodes located above the first Receiver, then perhaps an infinite loop can be achieved. Clipping would cause the player to clip through different Nodes as they fall; if the additional Nodes on alternate channels are positioned with perfect mathematical precision, then eventually, the player would just clip back into the first set of Nodes, no?

5. Hokets

Hokets Forerunner

It's not necessary to have them point to different receivers; having a line of senders all on the same channel works just fine, as long as they are spaced far enough apart.

6. Boots

Boots Ancient

I'll have to try this again. I pretty much did this exact thing today but after I went through the first sender, I came out of the receiver sideways instead of falling straight down. I'll try it again and see if i can get it to work...

7. oOMr BecksOo

oOMr BecksOo Forerunner

instead of having multiple nodes you should be able to have just the 2, sender and reciever, and change the boundries of the teleporter to as big as possible mainly top and botton of the sender and it should still send no matter your speed i hope this helped!

8. Hokets

Hokets Forerunner

I just tested this out. It works like a charm for vehicles, but not on people for some reason.

Oh, and having the rotation on the receiver set for the following should send the player straight down.
    X axis: -90
    Y axis: 0
    Z axis: 0

9. oOMr BecksOo

oOMr BecksOo Forerunner

it works for me maybe change all boundries Height, width, length, top and bottom.

10. Waylander

Waylander Ancient

It doesn't. No matter what you still come out of the receiver with your momentum along the horizontal.

Also, the teleporters are directional so you have to make sure that when you enter the sender from where the receiver is you pop out of the receiver going to the sender again.

If you don't know what I mean set it up so it works the way you want it then go into the sender from the opposite side.

11. Boots

Boots Ancient

That's what I ended up doing and it worked pretty good for me.

A while back, someone made a "Rube Goldberg" map as a tribute to Bungie. The creator of the map had a teleport loop in it that would eventually shoot the spartan straight out accross the map. I can now get it to build up tons of speed with the teleporters but it won't shoot me across the map. Does anyone know how to do that?

EDIT: I found the video of what I'm talking about:
    YouTube - Showing Sum Luv (Halo: Reach Spartan Rube Goldberg)

Ok, I figured it out. I downloaded his video on my xbox and now see what he did...Nevermind. I got it figured out now! thanks everyone!

#11 Boots, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010