Infinite Items Hint?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Unit N8, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Mortarion

Mortarion Ancient
    Banned

Could be just a unfixable glitch?

2. xXSuperoXx

xXSuperoXx Ancient

Ive never seen this, maby its just a glitch.

3. Mortarion

Mortarion Ancient
    Banned

Dude stop copying what I post.

4. Unit N8

Unit N8 Guest

Maybe, maybe not.

5. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Either way, having this would cause severe framerate lag. The budget glitch has some issues at times with this, as wonderful as it is. Infinite items would just make a map unplayable over XBL, I fear. Dare to dream, though...

6. Unit N8

Unit N8 Guest

not really

I wouldn't think having a couple extra fusion coils would cause severe framerate lag.

7. Tex

Tex Ancient

if you were to add any other items, the last thing you would want to add, would be fusion coils...they are the lag creators of forging...though, I'm not quite sure that this would actually work...if you could seriously do it, please examplify it a little more

8. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Are you telling me you've never done a "raining fusion coils" map?! That was trick #1 back in November. I lagged like crazy on that game, and I was host and way under budget. Tex is right; the last thing you'd want to use in your scenario would be fusion coils.

9. Sheogorath

Sheogorath Ancient

you know if this works im going to scream OMG! right after my game craps up to the max and i cant move please do the 'one arm glitch' than kill the guy with one arm to see how much lag this would cause (im serious the lag is so bad it takes literally FIVE MINUTES!!! to open your start menu than another 5 to scroll down to the end game button its horrible!!!!!!)
    but on the other hand if this really works than ill try to use it (omg i swear the two sides of epic will clash win/fail and the whole map will blow up)
    but the no death barrier sounds much more interesting(sorry im just saying the lag would be emense theres a reason the death barrier shuts off)

10. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

they are right, we totally would want to have their babies

11. AllseeingEntity

AllseeingEntity Ancient

ello there

i have actually done this before, but with a different method. what happens is you have to make it on local, play it on local and all destructable items never respawn. it is pointless. my method involved have all items past death barrier and overloading map to spawn extra ones.

12. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

...people dont seem to understand how useful this would be, for some reason. On practically all of the maps I get far into, I always hit the item limit. I've gotten around it with the trick, but its very annoying to do, and barely anyone actually understands it. But I'm not looking for infinate, I think at most 125, before the map gets too laggy.

13. QKT

QKT Ancient

we dont want your babies :D

14. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

There's actually more than 125 total items on a map before it hits the limit. Remember; you're including spawn points, starting points for all gametypes, respawn areas, and objective items along with the actual physical Forging items. I believe Kayaman has a post that's counted the number on Foundry, but it escapes me at the moment...

15. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

the limit for foundry is 376, but this seems to differ from map to map.
    for example, the limit for avalanche is 285.

16. Unit N8

Unit N8 Guest

got it!

w0_ot! It turns out I only exhausted 7 scenery items & I got more available items on barrels :D! Pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edit: >_> anyone here?

#17 Unit N8, Jun 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2008