Infinate Flight In Sandtrap

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Ahmed 117, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ahmed 117

Ahmed 117 Ancient

I got the mythic map pack and like most people, spawned one of every item and explored the uses of each one. When I got to the "COLUMN, DAMAGED SMALL" I threw a grav lift (equipment, not scenery!) and although it was lifted up, it didn't fall through it like most items. It kept on going up higher and higher till I hit the barrier at the top or slide off. Has anyone else tried this? What uses do you think this could bring?!:happy:

2. Letol

Letol Ancient

I don't know, but I was playing a map in Slayer, and one time when I jumped off of it, it bounced and fell down. I wasn't even in forge... It never happened again though.

3. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

i think he is saying the grav. lift landed on it and stayed there. and since the grav lifts from below and above it it kept dragging it up and when it came up the lift came with it... so like if you throw a grav lift on top of a crate it goes through the crate and then the crate goes up but on this is lands on top and carries it until it hits something... SWITCH TIME

4. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

Does this work for both kinds of grav lifts, scenery and equipment?

5. Rubber Duck

Rubber Duck Ancient

This could be used to get from the crypt to the main level mabye?

6. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

WOW... win thinking. you earned yourself a cookie I hadn't even thought of that but that would be awesome. I hope a w/e the thing was fits in the crypt

7. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

it'd be amazing if it was controllable...

A multi-tiered map in the crypt, and the central elevator was controllable...
    Epic plans plOx

8. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

The only problem that i could see with this as an elevator is that it is one way. However, i have no fear the the wonderful guys and gals over at h3artificer.com could come up with a way to circumvent that!:happy:

9. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Seriously nice find. I went in and had a play around to see how useful it was and I found out a couple of things:

It works fine in customs as well as Forge, and the best way is to drop the grav lift right in the center of the column (placed flat on one side for maximum floor space for the player), then move forward so you're standing right on top of the grav lift. This seems to keep the thing balanced and I can get it to fly straight up to the invisible barrier every time now.

It also works with Scenery grav lifts, and they also get carried upward with the column whilst retaining their original spawn tear drop location for the next spawn. This means that switches based on grav lift runtime minimums etc can be used.

I hope to see some really cool stuff coming out of this find, nice one man.

10. Something.

Something. Ancient

This will certainly satisfy the switch lovers. I can't wait to see what else people will discover with Sandbox's pallet.

11. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

to make it cirrculate simple have where every you want it to stop have a fusion coil break the grav lift then it can start over. and i no all the unimaginitive ones r like OH TEH NOES the fusion will blowz us upz 2.. no not neccisarily think about rules of halo traits of different objects. Simply put a reciever to stop it and then it can have a fusion coil spawn and splode it on a horizontal fligh path. or a shield door slightly over where it stops then it splodes under it, or maybe you can think of a way where it drops you off and cont.
    (ex: it has a tilted wall that pushes you of but it goes through think about it, or how about one grav facing <- which pushes the fusion coil off then it splodes. be creative.

12. abandoned heretic

so its kinda like e would make on last resort

13. cakeChart

cakeChart Ancient

Are any other items like this?

14. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Maybe the column will reach a killball, and that would destroy the gravity lift. That way, the timing is more precise-ish, and it won't just be a pillar floating at the ceiling.