Inferno Extent

Discussion in 'Reach Race Maps' started by Derk921, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Derk921

Derk921 Forerunner

Hello all, Derk921 here with my latest map that I actually finished a few weeks ago but never got around to posting it and I needed a video. Anyways, this is easily my best map on Reach so far. It features a banked wave, a smooth sky intersection, amazing aesthetics, and a huge, smooth jump. It took me about 25 to 30 hours total to create which is a pretty low time for me. The hardest part was not actually the intersection or the landing of the jump but the whole in the middle of the jump. Before, it was extremely skinny but was very inconsistent and I spent a long time on making it perfect. I was inspired to create this track because I wanted to make a very creative stunt map that is smooth and consistent. Now, time for pictures of this fabulous map!

Video:
    YouTube - Halo Reach Racetrack - Inferno Extent - By Derk921

Starting Gate:
    [​IMG]

Banked Wave:
    [​IMG]

Spiral Turn, Intersection, and Volcano:
    [​IMG]

Teleporter:
    [​IMG]

Downhill to Volcano:
    [​IMG]

Huge Jump out of Volcano:
    [​IMG]

Banked Turn:
    [​IMG]

Mini Banked Wave:
    [​IMG]

Final Banked Turn:
    [​IMG]

Overview:
    [​IMG]

Volcano:
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy this map and in case you missed the DL link, download here.

#1 Derk921, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Cool video, it really helped show the map in great detail. Although repeating the intro of the song 3 times was strange. Anyway, looks like a good size track with some unique features. Seems like it's worth a download.

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

That's how the song goes.

The track looks pretty nice and I like the idea of the crossover. I haven't seen anyone do that yet. I'll give it a download and see what it's like for myself.

4. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Yeah, I know it's a long intro, but it seemed it cut off right before the lyrics began and then repeated. Also, after watching the video again I noticed something behind one of the hills that kind of resembled a volcano. Maybe I'm wrong, but it gives me one more reason to check this out.