Infection Spawns not working

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by WhiteSammy, Jan 27, 2012.

1. WhiteSammy

WhiteSammy Promethean

First off, let me say that i know what is required for an infection map to be compatible. Secondly, this map is a multipurpose map originally designed for slayer but i recently adapted it to fit with the Infection gametype.

After setting all of the original spawns to "Slayer" and "True" they correctly no longer show up when forging for the Infection forge sessions. I then placed new spawns for both the zombies and survivors and set them to "Infection" and "True" for being game specific. These correctly do not show during slayer forge sessions. However, when you start up a forge session or a custom game on the map with the new spawns in Infection you spawn everywhere but inside the map. I have a feeling that this is happening because i have two sets of spawns for different games but i cannot figure out what to do about it.

I will be on for a couple more hours so if you have any ideas or want to help me figure out what the hell is wrong please feel free to hit me up. My gamertag is WhiteSammy.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Problem fixed...nevermind

#1 WhiteSammy, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Ok firstly you will find it more efficient setting up spawns for team games... Game spercific true and not only will your map be easy to set up for any team game. But you also need ffa spawns. Initial spawns and respawn zones make each gametype play different or same. But as it's for infection it doesn't have to be set up this way... But for infection to work properly there should be no random spawns from other gametypes. Easy way to check.... You should spawn in random place anf not on map if done correctly. Infection is very simple one team must be red team, 1 must be blue. Set red as game spercific true infection. And they will be spartans. Blue team game spercific true infection spawn. Also for infection to work you need an infection safe haven....if you don't want one in map , put it out of map and it will still work. Note haven needs a size. There are alot of tutorials on this sight if you get stuck. (usually stickied)

3. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

Actually you can just put the infection zomies spawn as infection havens and they spawn without having a safe haven.

4. MrGreenWithAGun

MrGreenWithAGun Forerunner

The problem was the ceiling was too low and was considered obstructing the respawn points. He pointed out that the problem was fixed at the bottom of his post.