Sandbox Infection: MegaRamp DuckHunt

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by AsthenicName, Oct 13, 2009.

1. AsthenicName

AsthenicName Forerunner

This map is a Infection map with 1 Alpha Zombie who must kill the other people as they come down the Massive Ramp. The Alpha Zombie is supplied with a Sniper (for the DuckHunt part) and a rocket launcher (for the Spartans coming down the ramp) the Alpha Zombie also has the option of picking up the Spartan Laser (Also for coming down ramp).

(Attention! Some friendly advice has told me that the Spartan Laser may be to powerful so if you do not want to use it or anyone else go to the settings and change the settings to the Alpha zombie NOT
    ELIGIBLE to pick up weapons, Thank you.)

The Non-Infected will come down the ramp in mongooses or a choice to choose a Warthog. They must try to survive by getting down the Massive Ramp and then landing on the teleporter pad and going through the Duck Hunt Part of the map.

The Alpha-Zombie must kill the Non-Infected as they come down the Massive Ramp. If they don't get them coming down the ramp they also have the opportunity to kill them on the DuckHunt half of the map.

If you do survive past the DuckHunt part of the map at the end of the DuckHunt walkway there is a Custom Power-Up and A rocket launcher to kill the Alpha-Zombie Instantly in one shot not able to do any damage to you.

This is many of my maps i have created but one of the best yet i believe please do download and tryout thank you!

Download Map In Link: http://www.bungie.net/Online
    /Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=96491136

Download Gametype In Link: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=96633720

AsthenicName

Links To Pictures Of Map Below:
    Please View These Pictures!!!

Spawn Point of Non-Infected:

[​IMG]

Alpha-Zombie Spawn Point:

[​IMG]

Full View Of Ramp:

[​IMG]

On The Way Down The Ramp:

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

DuckHunt Part Of The Map:

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

In Action:

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

#1 AsthenicName, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

You play nice now, he needed a link for the guide. You can't do crap when you just have a name to a website. As for the map..

The expansion of sandbox from foundry really has given a boost for duck hunting, but to me these maps get old fast. Even so, the map and forging itself are very nice. I won't rate because I can't download (My dad has the box) but I felt like picking a spot and congratulations you on posting your map successfully. Cheers bro!

3. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

Woah!
    Cool it too!
    Dream told him what he needed, all the other dude did was give a link,
    You can just as easily google the website.
    I managed it myself the first time without pointers, all people need is one pointer post.

Ok, so I think the duck hunt part is pretty average, however the ramp is JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!!
    I would love to snipe some unlucky guy off the side of his Mongoose, and have used Mongooses lying around making it harder for the next person coming down.
    Its a first come first served bar!

4. Scottash

Scottash Ancient

Whilst I do quite like the idea of mixing duck hunt with a "mega ramp", I feel that the spartan laser could be overpowering and potentially unfair. Of course, I haven't actually played this map yet, so this is just speculation. I feel that it would be much more challenging for the zombie to try to snipe the humans out of their mongooses [no it's not mongeese] or warthogs, which would give the humans a better chance of actually reaching the bottom of the ramp and going on to the duckhunt part of the map. Hitting a warthog, in particular, with a spartan laser is very easy. The spartan laser may also be unfair at the duckhunt stage as it's a one-hit kill as opposed to the sniper's two shots [the rocket launcher can also be a one-shot kill, but needs to be aimed in advance and is far less accurate than the spartan laser]. How long, on average does it take for someone to drive down the exposed section of the ramp? If it's only a few seconds, then I can see that the spartan laser may not be in fact overpowering as you may most likely only get one shot in and have to reload, by which time the majority of players have made it through safe and you've only got one kill. However, if it's quite a long journey then the alpha zombie may be able to rack up numerous kills at the ramp stage, leaving only a few survivors to make it on to the duck hunt section, which some may find annoying as they were killed "cheaply" with one shot.

#4 Scottash, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  5. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

That is an amazing idea, but what stops the ducks from jumping off the side of the ramp and walking on the ground? perhaps even piling a bunch of vehicles behind the Custom Powerup block and just jump up and grab it. It seems like they could easily do it unnoticed and win...

6. AsthenicName

AsthenicName Forerunner

preventing the non-infected from getting to the power-up is first they dont have really any jumps just enough for the map. And the alpha-zombie can see all of the non-infected if they fall or jump off the ramp. Also if you do go off the ramp in a vehicle most of the time it explodes on impact of the ground.

7. alextrer

alextrer Ancient

dont you think a spartan laser would literally rape everybody?

and this should be moved to minigame map i dont see any casual defend my base or get to the end infection duck hunt is a minigame.

rating the ramp mos awesome thing i have ever seen people this guy made a super ramp you could just use for fun when bored 3/5 2/5 because of the ramp and 1/5 because of the gameplay.

#7 alextrer, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. AsthenicName

AsthenicName Forerunner

Spartan Laser

ATTENTION!!!

OK, if you did not read it above, If you do not want to use the spartan laser or anyone else while you are playing this map change the settings to make the Alpha Zombie NOT ELIGIBLE to pick up weapons.