Inf 8 Facility Run

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by oomishday3, Mar 10, 2012.

1. oomishday3

oomishday3 Promethean

Here is my newest infection map made with aDamnCivilian. You will need the map AND the custom gametype for full funzies.

With the custom gametype:

Zombies
    --2 starting zombies
    --75% gravity
    --Alpha zombies are gold with unlimited sprint, new zombies are brown
    --Damage is set up so you must hit zombies twice to kill them but you can still assassinate them.

Humans
    --Assault rifle starting weapon
    --Weapon pick-up enabled
    --Takes 2 zombie hits to die

Video on my channel
    oomishday3's Halo Reach Infection Map: Facility Run (aDamnCivilian helped) - YouTube

The first hallway
    [​IMG]

The sewer with a shotgun
    [​IMG]

The first holdout area
    [​IMG]

The main door to escape the facility
    [​IMG]

The second holdout area (outside)
    [​IMG]

The final holdout area
    [​IMG]

Please tell me what you like/dislike and what you think I should change or do in future maps :) much love.
    --oomishday3

#1 oomishday3, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ah, why didn't I join? You invited me to this but I was busy unfortunately. This looks pretty fun. Never seen something like those strut-doors. Looks fairly well balanced, personally I would take out some weapons, or space them out, but that's just a suggestion. Good job. Invite me if you're playing again.

3. oomishday3

oomishday3 Promethean

From testing this particular map it always seemed hard for the humans to survive so I made sure they had plenty of guns to pick up as they progressed through the map. Thanks for checking it out.

In my new map (which is basically done) I have 2 good weapons in the first area, 3 good weapons in the second area, and 4 weapons in the final area!

4. Shik

Shik Forerunner

Hey this is pretty unique from a building structure to the terrain outside, the video was pretty entertaining.

5. Waterfall

Waterfall Promethean

This looks nice the only factor is that after a while the spawning seemed to get predictable to the point where there were zombies coming from only one direction no matter what teleporter they went through ( correct me if I'm wrong) but predictable spawning in my opinion cripples any infection map

6. REMkings

REMkings BIOC

Looks very smexy, and the door with the teeth is awesome, but I agree that the weapons seem a little overpowered (I can't say for sure yet as I haven't played on this map up to now). Main reason is because in the video I saw you kept picking up DMR ammo which provided you dozens of easy headshot kills. What I like best in Linear Progression maps and any other type of Infection maps that enable weapon pickup, is to make the humans primarily use their Assault Rifles for panicking kills, and have them use their secondary weapon if the Assault Rifle can't help them out in that situation, but preserve its ammo most of the time. But right now, you could easily gather new ammo and you never had to worry about running out of ammo, and since you had a DMR - which is a great weapon in infection games - you didn't really need to focus on teamwork too much. And in my opinion teamwork makes the experience of surviving extra intense, but you can probably imagine that.

So my tip - IF it turns out to be too easy and not stunning enough in my BIOC lobby next week- is to get rid of most of the DMRs, and if it would become to hard for the humans in that way just make them able to take one extra hit before being infected.
    But if it turns out perfect the way it is now, then I didn't say a word. It's just that because of the video it seemed a little too easy and relaxing with all those headshots ;)

#6 REMkings, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean

i'm playing this in my lobby but i still fear too many weapons. we'll see i guess! it should be equally fun for zombies and humans. hope everything works out and ill give you in depth feedback soon.