Industries

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Oct 5, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

12.3%
  2. Okay

5.3%
  3. Average

3.5%
  4. Good

19.3%
  5. Great

59.6%
  1. Knight Kninja

Knight Kninja Ancient

wow this is truly amazing.. i have always loved default foundry and this map is like... wow great! anyways i obviously looked at the pictures before reading, and i was like "wow, this looks a little like default foundry!"

after finally coming back to halo last night, i would love to play this. great job!

2. EGP

EGP Ancient

Wow I never thought this map was going to get featured but I hoped it did because it is a excellent remake of foundry and bungie should think about using it.

Great Map smooth interlocking and has a great feel all around.

3. TNF

TNF Ancient

Even though I strongly dislike the gameplay on default Foundry, I still have to say this version of Foundry looks a lot nicer. Which is what forgehub is about, so what's to argue. I like how you made the rocket tunnel more accessable and smoothed everything out. Congrats on the feature.

4. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

Unfortunately i have to agree. Bungie doesn't really care about interlocking. No one really trips or gets stuck on normal foundry and it plays pretty well. I really doubt they are going to change it (especially with the mythic map pack and campaign stuff they're pretty busy) This is an awesome map that i downloaded mainly just to show off to my friends but i don't think it will replace the default any time soon.

5. ShadowVanish

ShadowVanish Ancient

One of my friends wanted me to help him do something like this last week. I didnt want to so he didnt do it. I cant wait to see the look on his face.LMAO

6. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

I agree with what MIKELP says as well. Bungie just doesn't get what we do, I think MLG uses he original foundry so maybe it could work? I'm glad those that never liked foundry B4 like Industries and those that did like foundry, like it as well. Its hard to make both sides happy, I cant believe that both groups are in agreeance with this one. We have seen so many remakes gone bad, so thanks guys.

Questions about weapons and spawns in original post.
    Thanks for the feature FH.

gobbles likes this.
  7. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

!!!WOW!!! ive never seen any thing like this! i mean ive seen upsidowndry and foundry base flips but never some thing so indepth! this map rocks!! i have to have and this is going to be my new training map! NO ONE can say this sucks. and i have to have!

8. Shade117 pro

Shade117 pro Ancient

WHOA this map is like foundry evolved but beyond. man it has like all the stuff in foundry but its like u added on to foundry but no you made it look SPECTACULAR man i already DL thjis map so yeah the matches on this map is really crazy

9. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

I am loving the look of this map. I love how you used all of foundry instead of blocking off the back rooms. I am DLing now and I hope to get a game on it later today.

10. dunczorz

dunczorz Ancient

This is very good! I like the concept and idea of it, and I love how you used the original Foundry to form the map.

11. Frag Man

Frag Man Ancient

This map looks really fun to play. I love how the weapon layout is, and how nicely placed the objects are. It's all put in a strategic place to increase gameplay. 5/5

Does any else notice how closely related this map is to the regular Foundry?

12. Sam

Sam Ancient

Someone should make a map like this that is a remake of Anvil, with interlocking.

13. brett3123

brett3123 Ancient

We just slapped bungie in the face and said they suck at forging

14. Tex

Tex Ancient

Added video to the Original post, for those to lazy to go to the first page, here it is:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nyf3cJMhNCU

the whyher likes this.
  15. Phreakie

Phreakie Ancient

This has been done alot lately but i guess this one just fit the bill :/

16. the whyher

the whyher Ancient

Tex just saw the video!!!!!! I don't know what to say??? That was epic man!!!!!!! Amazing!!! I saw a vid and I was like ?what? You did an outstanding job!!! an outstanding job!!! I had a vid planned out and film ready but just didn't have time to get it out and released on time!!! That was just perfect, a great vid, editing, song, really everything. It really kept the same tone I wanted it to have like my Tension video.
    Tex! Thank You a Tone! Great Job!

17. slingblaid

slingblaid Ancient

i love thi map but see ares where it could use improvement. Once i d/l'd i experimented with the map a bit and saw flaws. like where the power drain is, i think an immovable object should be on the B side to get up there besides a crate. So then i tryed a few tricks but nothing worked, except a staircase, not normal set up but on its side, geo-merged into the ground and the side of that annoying wall thing. in the end it was a nice, immovable surface that nades didnt go under and didnt get in the way at all. it was also level with the walls side so when it was tested it felt like it wasn't even there, and we felt it was alot beter for gameplay. Also i think a little more cover should have been added to prevent spawnkiling at the start areas. besides that i really do love this map.

btw- i dont get why bungie wouldnt be interested in this unless they are just retarded. It looks and plays better which really should be what its all about

Pegasi likes this.
  18. Specs136

Specs136 Ancient

This map is ok. Easily better than regular foundry. 3.5/5

#38 Specs136, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  19. Jack Vengeance

Jack Vengeance Ancient

I was incredibly impressed with the map. The structural tweaks remove some of the discrepancies with movement that the unmerged foundry had. The removal of the gravlift and introduction of the ramp towards rockets is a nice wrinkle that I greatly appreciate. The gravlift while a decent method of access was rather annoying if misplaced could cost crucial time.

The most impressive thing is how the Aesthetic tweaks lend weight and vertical scale to the map. The visual tweaks took a map that at best was pleasant and make it pop with solid vivid structures.

I usually never select default foundry for custom games but this map will surely find it's way into the rotation and stay there for many games to come.

Truly an impressive piece of work.

Pegasi likes this.
  20. screenhunter69

screenhunter69 Ancient

.like that its an 'updated' version of foundry, good joB.