Industries

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Oct 5, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

12.3%
  2. Okay

5.3%
  3. Average

3.5%
  4. Good

19.3%
  5. Great

59.6%
  1. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Industries
    Created By: the whyher
    Gametypes Supported: Slayer, Oddball, KotH, CTF, Assault, Territories, Juggernaut, Infection, VIP
    Recommended Players: 4-12
    the whyher has recently updated Industries, please re-download the newer version today.
    In these fast paced days of "Interlocking" and "Geo-merging", its easy to forget that Foundry does indeed have a default configuration, a classic in its own right. With Industries, the whyher has painstakingly reconstructed and updated Foundry piece by piece from the original map, instead of using a canvas starting point, meaning that it remains true to its origins whilst filling the cracks. Released to coincide with the new Bungie variants: Epilogue, Boundless, Pit Stop and Sand Tarp, Industries not only fixes the old but brings a great deal of the new.

Structurally you will feel very at home with Industries, the main difference at player level being the precise, polished interlocks and merges that smooth out the litany of humps and bumps that are default Foundry. You'll also notice the extra height added to many of the dividing structures, serving to complete the maps atmosphere and reduce cross-grenading, it really divides Foundry bringing a larger, more imposing feel to this Forge dinosaur. Certain other changes will catch your eye, the new and improved Rocket tunnel being a notable departure from the original, but this map stands most proudly as an inspired reprise. An old classic given a new life and a stark comparison showing how far we have come, Foundry truly lives on in Industries.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=nyf3cJMhNCU&fmt=18​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Iv0rY Snak3, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
  2. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

Lawlz! I knew this one was going to get featured when John (tsb) showed me it. It's really epic looking and I wish bungie made Foundry like this... =\ Oh well, great job on the feature and I hope to see another from you! :D

Also, Iv0ry, you made a minor text error in your post... "it really divides Fpundry bringing a larger..." Might want to fix it before people see it. :surprise:

3. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

You spelled foundry wrong. Lol. Well, it does look VERY good. Congrats to the whyher for such an interesting take on forging. It's like kicking bungie in the face saying that we are better forgers than they will ever be. The only problem i have with it is that now you can't snipe where the fence boxes now are.

4. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Proof read you silly goose. There were also a couple grammatical errors.

Although I did really like this map, I wish the Whyer had gone overboard with the interlocking and geomerging. As it would've been epic if those far boxes were merged with the walls.

It does give a great new feel, the improved rocket spawn was great. The height to the structures now give it a towering feel unlike the original.

5. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

Agreed.
    I have already downloaded this and played it with my friends. They know hardly anything about interlocking/geo-merging and wer blown away.

I love the slight cahnges you have also made within the map and think the walls interlocked with the double boxes look very effective. Congrats on the feature whyher.

Can I just say, 3 features in 3 days?! What's up with that lolz.

6. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

Woah! I cant believe this map got featured. Its nice but I dont understand why it got featured. This is way better than the other foundry remake in matchmaking called Anvil. The height of the rocket launcher area is the best part for me. Good job.

7. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

Wow, this map makes the default layout of Foundry, look amazing! I hope Bungie sees this and switches the old for the new in matchmaking! Those taller walls really improve gameplay, now grenades won't fly in my face every five seconds!

8. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow, This acutely sparked my interest. Props, for making a updated foundry, as since this is modeled after foundry, I can tell already this is going to have a good game play.
    What weapon set up did you use? If so what are the rockets set at?

Well I hate to rate before play, So I'm going to download it and give it a full on review later.

Once again, this map looks really good. And It's being downloaded now.

9. LittleLordSissy

LittleLordSissy Ancient

I can believe this map was featured...just look at it...outstanding, sure there have been recreations of foundry before but this brings a new and improved feel to it..great pick a DL for me.

But as Bl00d F1r3 had posted beforeme, to give a full review you must play it, so I will DL and edit my post after.

#9 LittleLordSissy, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  10. Cart3r0

Cart3r0 Ancient

Wow...I guess great minds do think alike,I too have a new version of foundry. I like this, a whole lot diffrent then mine.

11. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

i remember this and scince i aldeady gave you a reveiw on you original thrad. ill just say great job.

12. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

This map looks great! I wish foundry would be this instead of what it is now. i had seen this map before, but now I defintely going to d/l.

13. bobsagetismyhro

bobsagetismyhro Ancient

No offense but I didnt think that this would be featured. I does look a lot better than a lot of other maps I've seen, but I dont think that it should be featured. Any way gratz on the featured!

14. fornozo

fornozo Ancient

looks cool i had the idea to interlock foundry a while ago but i didn't think it was to important to do it. Anyway GZ on the feature and you got my DL

15. ScarFac3d

ScarFac3d Ancient

I knew this was going to get featured, even before he posted, when he asked for my opinion on if he should put a grav lift, or a regen. Congradulations on the feature man, I hope to see more from you in the future.

Felipe dos likes this.
  16. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

Holy crap! If Bungie sees this I strongly believe that they would have thoughts about making this the default foundry.

17. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

Agh! I had just the idea of doing the exact same thing a few days ago! But he beat me to it. Oh well. Nice job, this looks great.

EDIT: You should definitely submit this for the user-created content playlist, Bungie would love it.

18. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

I love this map, it gives foundry a whole new feel. I am sure it will play great as well, definitely worth a download! Everything is perfectly smooth and the walls give it a neat look, sooo much better than the original. I am very impressed and I can't wait to play =)
    Keep forging, you have talent...

19. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

I saw this like right as it came out.
    Featuring = It was destiny.

20. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

well, the thing is- bungie would not accept this as a map to play on along with epilouge and boundless- maybe for MLG

have you noticed that all of bungie's non hardcore maps are un-interlocked?
    bungie doesnt want neat interlocked maps, like the original foundry and their DLC FFA map Anvil
    bungie only wanted forge to be for making minor changes to maps, not creating brand new maps-that is until heroic dlc.
    they still dont have much care for interlocking or any glitched maps. they like it sweet and simple.

but this map is pretty sweet though- but does the map have any weapons? i dont see any, or did you take them out for pics?