In 5 years where are you as it pertains to life and FH

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stouf761, Sep 22, 2010.

1. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Basically, I just would like to know where people see themselves in 5 years. Now I want people to say where the see their lives in 5 years as well as their future activity on ForgeHub (or the fate of the site for that matter)

Me:
    In 5 years, I can see myself as having just graduated college (not sure where yet, its still limited to Georgia Tech, MIT, Vanderbilt, University of Texas, Purdue, Annapolis, Texas A&M, and Carnegie Mellon) and more than likely entering the United States Navy. I would either be serving on a ship, in Nuclear school for the Navy, or simply at Officer Candidate school.
    In 5 years, I might be occaisionally dropping by to put in my two cents in the community assuming no Halo game with a strong Forge emphasis is realeased. In the chance that there is one, then I could easily be more active than that.

2. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

lets see, ill be 19 and i dont think i will be playing alot of video games. ill be gone :(

3. Bomb Champion

Bomb Champion Ancient

In 5 years hopefully I'll be a junior in college probably at one of the schools you listed, followed by getting a job at Boeing or another large engineering firm. Going to MIT and then a job at Boeing would be great though, following in my dad's footsteps. My father is a very likable man. Also I doubt I'll be on FH anymore.

4. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Hopefully, with her...

:'(

I want to get into a better university than the one at my city's university for Computer Programming/Game Design.
    If the site is still around, of course I'll still be here. Until all the people I know and don't hate leave, FH will be a place I'm staying. Maybe won't be as active as I am now, but I will still be posting.

5. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

five years... hmm, hard to say. In five years I would have graduated from whatever college I go to already, so I suppose I'd either be in Seattle making my living as a tattoo artist, or have a job at valve or somewhere similar.

as to my activity on FH, I think that I'd more than likely just be going to GnA by then, and not too frequently.

6. FSC Nightmare

FSC Nightmare Ancient

I want Forge Hub to survive, it's a really good site, and it may be a little less active in the next 5 years, but I will try to be as active as I can.

I will probably be in college 2nd year by then, working on game development.

7. Transactionzero

Transactionzero Ancient

In 5 years, I see myself in my own Town house, my baby girl will be almost six years old by then, and I'll be married to my fiancee. FH will be here as long as their is a following to forge. If no new games come out that have forge I can see the community dying eventually, as nothing lasts forever. Other than that I hope I land a career in the FBI, become an accountant, or become a blogger.

8. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

*dont say doing your wife , dont say doing your wife..*
    doing your... son?

but seriously ill be out of college looking for a job. or already working if i can find a job right out of college.

9. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

As a computer/aeronautics engineer. And i plan to stay about the same as i am in FH until either:
    A) it dies or
    B) Bloo leaves! D:

10. Vinny

Vinny Ancient

5 years?
    Either:
    A) I'll straighten up my act, start becoming more conservative, be graduating out of college (not sure which one) and hopefully looking for a job. More or likely still selling some pot on the side to make some extra cash, still doing drugs, however, responsibly.
    or
    B) I'll be either dead/prison/junkie. But I still plan on graduating college as long as there is nothing there physically stopping me from attending.

11. halo kid

halo kid Ancient

In the beginning of my college time,Perhaps in game design or engineering.

As for forgehub,hopefully it shall be around and still an active community,perhaps I will be part of it.

12. Grif

Grif Na'vi Tits

Probably just graduating college, might still be on the site if there is a site.

13. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Don't plan on being with FH for that long.
    Police Academy.
    :D

14. LOL zombie

LOL zombie Ancient

i want to see a real life shanon-maneuver.

15. V

V Ancient

Hopefully in possession of an undergraduate degree in computer science and engineering from Purdue, and then moving on to grad school at MIT, Carnegie Mellon, or even sticking at Purdue, and/or landing a job and living on my own.

If the site exists still I'll always come back to it to post occasionally and what not, even if I'm more of a lurker.

16. Mischgasm

Mischgasm Ancient

In five years I'll be 21. So probably drunk, and still gaming at least a little. No idea what I want to pursue as a career yet.

17. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

almost finished with college
    no idea where or what major

18. Gr4phix

Gr4phix Ancient

I'll be 19 in exactly 5 years.
    So, I'd most likely be starting College, and I hope to see myself as a successful actor in 5 years.

No matter what though, I want to start getting into Programming and hope that I can pursue a career in Computers and/or Acting.

After HS, I'll give myself a break from school for a year or two (So I'll start College at 19 or 20).
    I also hope that in five+ years, that new technology comes out (Not just for computers) so that most of my right leg isn't freaking fake..

As for FH, I'll be grey and here, until:
    A) There's no need or want to Forge.
    B) Sarge bans me.

19. Gunnergrunt

Gunnergrunt Ancient

5 years from now? Wouldn't you like to know...

20. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Getting a movie into Sundance.